Battery storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlmgcamp

I left the FLA on the TT last winter with the 100w solar connected. Thinking of not doing that this winter but I am not sure how to treat the solar panels. My battery has one heavy pair of wires to it and a pair of lighter gauge wires with a 20A in-line fuse. Do I just disconnect the wires, wrap the ends in electrical tape to keep them out of trouble and be done? Or do in need to disconnect the panels from the controller?

I left the FLA on the TT last winter with the 100w solar connected. Thinking of not doing that this winter but I am not sure how to treat the solar panels. My battery has one heavy pair of wires to it and a pair of lighter gauge wires with a 20A in-line fuse. Do I just disconnect the wires, wrap the ends in electrical tape to keep them out of trouble and be done? Or do in need to disconnect the panels from the controller?
I think if you just disconnect the panels from the controller you don't need to do anything else. If you remove the incoming source of power to the controller, there is nothing to go out to the batteries.

It doesn't make any difference where you interrupt the circuit between panels and batteries. It seems simplest to me to disconnect all wires at the battery terminals, but disconnecting the panels from the controller works too.

Thanks ...battery has water but isn't holding charge very well. It's been a bit cloudy but the solar is not keeping up as it sits winterized in the driveway. I will try bringing it in on trickle charger and see what happens in the Spring. We don't boondock but it is nice to know we can. Current FLA is Interstate SRM-27 with 88 Ah. I will replace it with 100Ah lithium for 20 pound weight loss with more power longevity. When that time comes, which may be as early as next Spring, I'll be back asking for help on setting that up. Hopefully prices will continue to drop as the tech becomes more common

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom