Bill Haley's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw His Comets (not the Comets) in 1998 when everyone in the band was in their 80s except Bill who was pushing up daisies. At the end of one spirited song then ended it with four beats and on each beat the whole band jumped in the air at the same time. Now when they were in their thirties this was probably a great ending, however none of them got more than a few inches off the ground. Kinds funny to watch but I was so impressed they were even attempting choreography.

I saw His Comets (not the Comets) in 1998 when everyone in the band was in their 80s except Bill who was pushing up daisies. At the end of one spirited song then ended it with four beats and on each beat the whole band jumped in the air at the same time. Now when they were in their thirties this was probably a great ending, however none of them got more than a few inches off the ground. Kinds funny to watch but I was so impressed they were even attempting choreography.
I learn something new every day. I didn't realize they were called His Comets until you mentioned it, and always thought they were called The Comets.

I learn something new every day. I didn't realize they were called His Comets until you mentioned it, and always thought they were called The Comets.
I used to make the same mistake until I saw them live and they had the group name in large letters. They put on a hell of a show for a bunch of old men.:cool:

Tomorrow (7/7) Ringo Starr (his Beatles) is 83.

Some friends and I saw Bill Haley in about 1955. Shake rattle and roll was the big number. We thought they had a lot of energy for a bunch of old guys.

Had Bill Haley (of The Comets) lived, he would have been 98 today.
His death was recorded as “the day the music died” in “Bye Bye Miss American Pie” by Don McLean in 1971. And then just two years later Lori Lieberman wrote “Killing Me Softly” after watching McLean doing American Pie. “Killing Me Softly” won song of the year at the Grammy’s for Roberta Flack.

His death was recorded as “the day the music died” in “Bye Bye Miss American Pie” by Don McLean in 1971. And then just two years later Lori Lieberman wrote “Killing Me Softly” after watching McLean doing American Pie. “Killing Me Softly” won song of the year at the Grammy’s for Roberta Flack.
??? Bill Haley died Feb 9, 1981 - 10 years after Bye Bye Miss American Pie was released. "The day the music died" in Don Mclean's song referred to the death of Buddy Holly, J.P. Richardson (The Big Bopper), and Ritchie Valens in a plane crash on February 3, 1959.

??? Bill Haley died Feb 9, 1981 - 10 years after Bye Bye Miss American Pie was released. "The day the music died" in Don Mclean's song referred to the death of Buddy Holly, J.P. Richardson (The Big Bopper), and Ritchie Valens in a plane crash on February 3, 1959.
Indeed, thinking disorder I suppose. Read Haley, thinking Holley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom