Bird Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have tons of bird shots, being married to a serious birder. But this bird is not seen a lot in the open. But it showed up after one of the hurricanes on the coastal region. Its an American Woodcock. He is hiding his head in his plumage.

Attachments

• American Woodcock - Copy.JPG
    American Woodcock - Copy.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 19
we opened the door one morning to this guy on our step.

A juvenile Red-Tailed Hawk

Attachments

• morningVisit1.jpg
    morningVisit1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 22
This is a family of Ospreys still in their nest atop a channel marker. That's a favorite nesting place for them.

Attachments

• Osprey family.JPG
    Osprey family.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 18
I have an ongoing family of Carolina Wrens that shows up every spring in my boat shed. This year for some reason they dug a hole in my insulation and made a nest.  Today I was greeted with three new born hatches. So I got my camera out and Mama and I made eye contact. Its a blast watching the babies grow and at the end watch them fly out as Mama calls them out from the outside.

Attachments

• carolina Wren.JPG
    carolina Wren.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 20
Aw heck.  I might as well add to the library here.  Let's see, which one.  How about Gertrude.  Gertrude is an Anhinga.  It took me some time to identify this beauty when she showed up.  She really likes to put on a show before she flies off.  Here she is stretching her wings.

Attachments

• GraySomething2 (Large).jpg
    GraySomething2 (Large).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26
That's an awesome shot. There are so many species of cool looking shorebirds. If it was not so hard to post pictures, I have hundreds of them. But each one need to be reduced in size, which is not that easy on my Windows 98 repurposed desk top. :(

My weekend addition to this thread,,

Attachments

• Canon PowerShot SX530 HS2184.JPG
    Canon PowerShot SX530 HS2184.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back