Blew out the lines - did I miss anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can miss sections of water lines using anti-freeze too, but I think the anti-freeze method is a little more forgiving than the air-blow method. For the typical RV owner, anyway. The anti-freeze stays in the system and tends to find its way everywhere over time, whereas air is "one & done", so no second chance if you don't get it right the first time.

One of the pitfalls using air is that people tend to rely on high pressure when the critical parameter is high air volume, either because they misunderstand pressure vs volume or lack equipment that can do it. The average inexpensive home compressor can't do a decent job of it.

The reason people like the air method is not cost savings. It's no residual taste and no need to flush in the spring.
I have a check list for winterizing and de-winterizing. One common area missed is the black tank flush. I have a hand pump for that line. The other is opening the low points drains to allow the A/F to fill those.
As far as flushing in the spring, I open the drains to clear the little bit of A/F while flushing from those.
I sanitize the lines also. I do this even during the camping season if the trailer is not used for an extended period.
We don't normally use the water for drinking or cooking, we carry gallon jugs for that purpose.

Glad I’m not the only one. Was starting to question have I been that lucky the last 17 years with my toy hauler (desert fox). Get just a lil cold in AK a winter or 2. :ROFLMAO:

I've been blowing the lines out on our motorhomes since 2005 with no problems. One thing I learned early on was after the initial blow out, I wait 20-30 minutes and give it another go. The first time I did that, I was surprised by how much additional water blew out. Our newer motorhomes have had very little additional blow out, but I still do it just to make sure.

One thing I forgot was the onboard water filter. I didn't empty it, it froze and broke the bowl. And it's hard enough to reach just to replace the element so replacing the whole assembly should be "fun".

One thing I forgot was the onboard water filter. I didn't empty it, it froze and broke the bowl. And it's hard enough to reach just to replace the element so replacing the whole assembly should be "fun".
If you can order the identical device just replace the bowl or better set the maker may have a parts list online. I take the bowl and filter off mine for winter storage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom