bluegill are biting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Dad and I used to walk down the middle of the Brazos River below Possum Kingdom Lake (just west of Ft. Worth TX) with our fly rods. We would find a hole and sometimes pull out 20 or 30 Bluegill from one hole. One time we came back with so many fish, we had them stuffed in our pockets, and hanging on makeshift stringers made from shore weeds. It was crazy. Until we had to clean all of them. Then it was a pain in the a...er, hands! We used to freeze them in one gallon empty (and cleaned) square milk cartons. We ate a lot of fish when I was growing up! Mmmm, let's go fishing!

it's nothing like it was when i was young, the state now has warnings now on the amount of fresh water fishes that you can consume in month/week time scale. they do say that the ocean fish now have decomposed plastic in their flesh.

i like the food saver zip lock vacuum bags. i can take out the amount of fish i want to fry and zip it back and re-vac the bag.

Our visiting grandkids always enjoyed catching bluegill around the docks behind the house. Small worms did the trick.

understanding wife let me bring my kayak inside to install my new fish finder instead of working in the cold garage. bought these ball swivel mounts and they work super.

Attachments

• kayak fish finder mounting.jpg
    kayak fish finder mounting.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 9
  • kayak accessory swivels.jpg
    kayak accessory swivels.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 9
Same here. My brother and I would fill old Wonder bread bags with cleaned bluegill/perch and when they started stacking up in the freezer we had a fish fry. Usually used worms, sometimes just a shiny hook with a little spit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom