Can a DeLorean be towed 4 down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to Page 35 of the DeLorean's Owner's Manual, the answer is no, the vehicle should only be towed on a flat bed to minimize any damage. 😎

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.26.57.png

According to Page 35 of the DeLorean's Owner's Manual, the answer is no, the vehicle should only be towed on a flat bed to minimize any damage. 😎

View attachment 168333
What if I turn the tires sideways and let it "float" behind me? My concern is it might drift into the other lane.

Attachments

• 702-7028836_thumb-image-delorean-png-transparent-png.jpg
    702-7028836_thumb-image-delorean-png-transparent-png.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
What if I turn the tires sideways and let it "float" behind me? My concern is it might drift into the other lane.

I'd be real careful. Even if the flux capacitor is disconnected, it can retain a charge. With the wheels turned like that, the whole rig combination could end up in 1955. 🤯

Tow the DeLorean here. It would get back to 1985 or 1986..

Wasn't that still during the 'K-car' era? You know, when all the manufacturers ran out of ideas for new designs and for a few years every car you bought - Ford, Chevy, Oldsmobile - all looked exactly the same...rectangular with headlights.

Staying below 88 MPH ain't too difficult since 85 MPH is the maximum on the DeLorean speedometer.
(Old thread I know) but fun movie fact, for that reason of being able to show 88mph on the speedometer for the BTTF movies... they actually had to fabricate a new speedometer "face" with a 95mph max for the camera shots showing the time travel speed. ;) Most cars in that 1980's era topped out at 85mph on the dial.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom