Chickenstock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasillaguy

Do you like music festivals?
Are you into the odd, quirky, and extreme?
Enjoy detailed planning and long adventures?

For your consideration- Chickenstock.th-4037030174.jpg

We went in 2017 and it was a blast.

All sold out for this year, so start planning for next year.

It's apparently held in Chicken, Alaska, a small town that must not be too far from Fairbanks. According to one website:
-The official population is 7, according to census figures. But the year-round population is estimated at two to three dozen.

-There’s no bathroom in downtown Chicken, but there is an outhouse.

-The town got its name because its early residents didn’t know how to spell “Ptarmigan.”

-Much like Polebridge, Montana, there isn’t any electricity in Chicken, although people do have generators for power.

So though it sounds interesting, I'm unlikely to get up that way. But thanks for posting.

I was stationed at Eielson AFB for 3 years back in the mid-80's. Beautiful country, but entirely too cold in the winter. Many good memories there despite the cold. Never made it to Chicken though.

Chicken_Fairbanks.JPG

I agree. The interior is brutal in the winter. Fairbanks without military (forced inhabitants) and oil workers (money too good to pass up), would be empty in winter.
We love to go up in the 90 degree summer days and float the Chena right through town, stopping at restaurants along the way for beers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom