Clogged toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a mini garden watering gadget that delivered a fan shaped spray pattern. Bought it at a dollar store. It basically had a slot cut across the face and screwed onto the male end of a hose. After I cut the 8" spike off of it and ground down the remnants and using a plastic cup with the bottom cut out to hold the flush valve open, it slid down the toilet flush valve opening very nicely. Using a quick disconnect on the inlet to the hose allows me to rotate the head as I feed it into the pipe. It does a great job cleaning my sensors. Then I just work it in and out until the black tank drain runs clear. Two to three times a year does the job for me.. It also have the benefit of being small enough to be easily stored. The same could be accomplished using a hose cap with an angled slot cut into it, or perhaps a couple of holes drilled at 45 degree angles.

Safe travels and all the best.
Just my $.02

Concur with Ray-IN, even a macerator will block. We follow the process we used on our boat. If it didn't go in your mouth it doesn't go in the head. We use a small pail for these this seperated by TP. No smell unless you merge #1 & #2. Worked great for me 25 years and never had a blockage.

Back
Top Bottom