Cockles and mussels and karaoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Karl, go ahead and post those recipes. I'll pass them along to the chef. Thanks.

BTW the malt vinegar is only for the cockles, not the mussels, although I see no reason why it couldn't be used with both.

Tom,
I will post them. Do you just steam them or bread and fry them, or what? The old Howard Johnson's used to serve all-you-could-eat fried clams that were out of this world. I once made calamari (squid), cut into narrow circles, breaded and deep fried, but neglected to remove the skin. Ended up with very nice tasting rubber bands! :-\

The chef merely boils them until the shells open. Cockles, of course, really need to be eaten with laverbred, a Welshman's staple.

Thanks Karl, sounds really yummy. I'll pass it along to the chef. Is this one of your own recipes, or borrowed from a published source?

Tom,
It's my own variation on a theme. There are several different ways to make them but, like the Hollandaise, the technique is as important as the ingredients. That being said, all too often the Hollandaise you're served is too sour; my way gives the acetic acid taste without the pucker factor. :)

Back
Top Bottom