Connecting a Ring Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pshudson5

We are trying to connect an outside ring camera near the front door of our RV. We want to be able to connect the base to the exterior and then place the camera on the base mount once we arrive at our location and then take it off the mount while traveling. I'm trying to not make the mount permanent but there may be no other choice.

Any ideas that you can provide would be helpful. :)

Paul/Silvia

Can you instead attach it to your awning support arm? Drilling holes for a mount there won't ever be noticed. In fact, you might be able to use exterior (automotive) velcro for easy on/off

We are trying Industrial Strength "Strong" Velcro Brand from Walmart. So far so good.
I'll update if this changes.

3M makes something that goes together and comes apart like velcro but is not velcro. We have some motion sensor solar step lights attached with them and leave them attached and they probably weigh more and are bigger than a Ring.
It's call 3M dual lock. Great stuff. I have a motion sensor light mounted near my steps with it. Actually drove 300 miles when I forgot to remove the light and it was still there.

I've found the 3M VHB double-sided adhesive tape works well to attach things to RV exteriors. Holds up for years in all kinds of weather and driving conditions, yet can be peeled off with modest effort and an assist from mineral spirits or Goo-gone.

A hair dryer works great for removal of the tape. Just don't let your wife see you using it.:rolleyes:

3M makes something that goes together and comes apart like velcro but is not velcro. We have some motion sensor solar step lights attached with them and leave them attached and they probably weigh more and are bigger than a Ring.
Its a white (generally) plastic material with studs on it that have little balls on the end of the studs, Push it together and it interlocks. I use it to hold the Lippert tire warning device to my instrument panel, but can pull it off to put on the charger when not towing.

Its called Dual Lock and Home Depot carries it in the store with the various velcros and command strips and such.

519w-PkbbmL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Charles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom