Dometic Fridge Repair Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wanderer1

Hello fellow campers. I am enjoying saying that because I am not the owner of a new to me pop up. My family and I are hoping to make it most way across the country this summer and I am making sure our new purchase is good to go. Everything has been perfect besides this fridge. I could not get it run on propane. Reading these can get clogged I took thing apart and was working on the lines (which were filled witch spiders nest / gunk). while doing so the tiny thermocouple hose on my fridge broke! I've replaced thermocouples before on normal appliances and thought no biggie. That was until I saw the price tag for a new dometic direct replacement... Almost 100 dollars! I feel like that is crazy. Hoping to confirm this does not need to be model specific and I can get some sort of generic one.

My fridge is a Dometic RM2193. I look forward to hearing your alls suggestions!

Are you talking about the flame-sensor thermocouple or the internal fridge temperature sensor?

Since you were working the propane line, I'm guessing the former. There are a couple different ones, and Amazon has some aftermarket replacements that might fit yours. See Amazon.com : dometic refrigerator thermocouple
Thanks for the reply Gary. You are correct. I was referring to the propane thermocouple. Based on your reply I'm inferring these are all pretty much universal. I'm guessing the difference in "fitting" is mostly the brass fitting that screws in to the gas valve?

Kirk: I think the RM2193 is a piezo-ignition.

wanderer1: I suspect you are right. The flame sensors basically just generate a tiny voltage when heated and the control logic simply looks for a non-zero voltage.

Is your refrigerator not a direct spark ignition unit? The Dometic Service Manual indicates that it is and if so it uses an ignition probe that also serves as a flame sensor.
Kirk, thanks for the response. I am new to all this, I am sorry but dont know the answer to your question. I wish I could be more helpful!

Kirk: I think the RM2193 is a piezo-ignition.

wanderer1: I suspect you are right. The flame sensors basically just generate a tiny voltage when heated and the control logic simply looks for a non-zero voltage.
I think I will try to order a small universal one. I did notice there are "M9" and "M8" fitting sizes. The ones at the big box stores were M9 and too big so will try a M8 and see what happens. Will update once it gets in and it is installed.

That "hose" is not a hose it's a coax cable.. Match the connector and mount (you may need to frabricate a mout adapter) if he lead is longer.. Just coil it. Large coils like around a water bottle or 24 oz can of tomatoes (that size coil remove can before install.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom