EPDM roof replacement questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkyputz

Hello all...

Our 2001 Coachmen Class C needs a new roof and i was going to redo it myself.
Since the alcove nose is in no good shape either i was wondering if there is anyone with experience present here who could tell me if i can just run the epdm all the over the nose and down under where it terminates above the driver cabin.
That would solve a couple problems with one stone and my roof would be a single piece and not several interrupted section prone to leak.
Thx in advance for any thoughts

I would think it would be very difficult to form the EPDM sheeting over the curves of cab-over area. You would end up with a lot of cut seams where you adjusted the flat roll material to the curves.

Not sure what "no good shape" means, but a Class C cap typically leaks at the joints where it joins the main body or around the front window. Is the fiberglass cap skin itself damaged or just cruddy-looking? If the latter, maybe apply a roof-coat paint to it?

Hello, the nose is fiberglass and no rounds, no curves just the front ducking down towards driver cabin, so the bends are wide and shouldnt buckle to much.
"No good shape" means that the fiberglass cracked at multiple spots of the hardest part of the bend and leaks through it, so the fiberglass needs either replaced or covered

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom