Extend A Stay / Tee Block - 1/4" 90 Degree Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drizzamed

My father in law has a 2015 Entegra aspire 44D. He is a snow bird so he's only staying for a couple of months before he heads back home; however, he doesn't want to pack up and take the coach to get it filled with the on-board tank so I got him a couple of 30lb tanks and are doing the Extend A Stay. We installed our hose into the 1/4" fitting on the Tee Block in front of the on-board regulator but it's a bit tight when we close the door. We angled the tee block upward (kept the regulator level) to give the hose some stress relief but I want to go back in and put a 1/4" 90 degree elbow into the tee block, maybe even put a valve with the quick disconnect on it from there for easy pack up and go but I'm needing some help with the elbow and such. I'm finding all kinds of brass elbows with a flared fitting on one side and NPT on the other. Are these ok or do both ends of the elbow need to be flared/inverted flare, etc; and if so, where do I find these things? The hose that we have in place is the Camco 59035 12' hose with 1/4" male inverted flare x POI.
ALSO, does the horizontal regulator need to be placed with the diaphragms facing upwards or does it matter? I saw a video on youtube university where the guy has the same setup but his regulator was on its "side".

Regulator has not "This side up" label I've ever seen... Not sure if an elbow will work properly on the Extend-a-stay type devices or not.. Not sure if the current device is the same as my old Marshall Brass one. So can' not help there.

BUT: if you can turn it so the hose attaches to the BOTTOM that will work
And on the Regulator (Outlet)side. yes. Brass elbows will work there no problem Just be sure to leak test and if you must tape use the right color tape, .

From your post I'm not sure if you have a high-pressure connection before the RV propane regulator or low-pressure after it. Either way, it should be possible to install an elbow to change the direction of the connecting hose. Perhaps pictures of what you are dealing with might help.

Since the hose you already have ends with a male inverted flare, it seems to me you want an elbow that has a 1/4" female inverted flare on one side (to receive the hose) and 1/4" male inverted flare on the other (to plug to the Tee). That allows the use of the hose you now have without any other adapter. If you can't find that type of elbow, use whatever you can find and add the necessary adapter, but that is going to add to the bulkiness of the connection.

I don't see any 1/4" inverted flare elbows but I didn't search all the many propane fitting specialty sources that Google turned up. Maybe you should just go to or contact one of them and explain what you need to connect-up and see what they suggest.

I don't see any 1/4" inverted flare elbows but I didn't search all the many propane fitting specialty sources that Google turned up. Maybe you should just go to or contact one of them and explain what you need to connect-up and see what they suggest.

}That is why I suggested turning the adapter and using the elbow on the outlet if needed.
The lack of the proper elbow. for the quarter inch fitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom