Finally a mini rally in the UP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where in the UP?
We're meeting up with Paul at Bewabic State Park which is near Crystal Falls, Michigan. We will arrive on 9/4 for 4 days. www.michigan.org/property/bewabic-state-park.

We plan to travel for about a month in the UP but we haven't decided on a full UP itinerary. We welcome suggestions and people who want to meet up or travel with us any where in the UP.

Sorry I won't be able to make it because I have dentist and doctor's appts in Ohio around that time. If you can get a spot, Aune Osborn city campground in Sault St. Marie, MI, is a very nice place because it is on the St. Mary's river where the big ships pass very close to shore after they leave or enter the Soo Locks.

ALso, this is a bit off the UP, but have you been to the Marina just east of the lift bridge in Duluth?? It is a basic parking lot with electric and water, but a terrific view of the inner harbor. Only about 3 blocks from the bridge and Grandma's.

Hi- We're arriving on Tuesday the 5th and departing Friday the 8th. We'll be at the middle/end of our 10 day trip in the UP.

@zulu / all - Bewabic State Park is the southwestern part of Michigan's Upper Peninsula (UP), I made plans there as I've not been before. We have an activities list that includes hiking, biking, kayaking/rafting and a stop at Alpha microbrewery. We'll figure it out when we're there, join us on any of them if you want.

This is a link directly to the Michigan DNR reservation site for this campground and trip. You'll need to tweak the days and equipment, # people etc. Then click search and then click on the different loops that have a green (available) icon to find a site that fits what you need/want.

We're in B34 and Max/Eric in B38. The available sites, especially for larger campers, will be scattered out across the loops, its not likely we'll all be on adjacent sites.

Jan and I will host campfires at our site the nights that we're there, and also a pot luck one of those nights based on finding out what nights the most members are there.

If you think you'll go, please chime in

Last edited:
Just a reminder that there will be a mini rally in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan next week. If you're in the area we would love to have you stop by or meet up. You can contact me or Paul Bates.

DH (Eric) and I will be traveling across the UP and making several 3 to 4 day stops along the way. It would be nice to have RV travel companions long the way. BTW, We're seriously considering traveling to Door County after the UP.

It would be great if you could join us for a portion of our trip to the UP and Door County.

We just arrived at Bewabic State Park near Crystal Falls, Michigan. Paul and Jan are joining us tomorrow.
Paul Bates did an excellent job of scoping out this location.

Beautiful wooded area and the fall colors are just starting to show. Level sites for pull throughs. RV Back in sites and tent/hybred sites are available. Electric only but dump and water available near the entrance. Bonus...we have good internet connection.

I only wish more could have joined us. If you're nearby just hook up your RV and join us. Right now there are a lot of sites available. It seems like we have most of the State Park to ourselves.

Last edited:
Eric and I had a great meet up with Paul and Jan. Three lovely nights of campfires in Bewabic State Park in Upper Michigan. We hope to meet up with them again on our travels. I will post pics.

Paul and Jan, we loved meeting you and spending time around the campfires. Our dogs, Emma and Molly, also hit it off and enjoyed their time together.

Sorry we missed the meetup........We were in Minnesota !!! Minneapolis, Duluth, and Ely. Will be in UP at Taquamenon Falls Sp January 7th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom