For those towing with an EV If you are looking for an interesting charge stop this one is worth it. Especially if you are a history buff.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viajeros

Hi folks. I figured I would throw this one up there. This is Field BC on the route from Golden to Banff. We drove past this place for years but now that we are retired we are taking the time to visit some of these historic places. This is a good opportunity charge stop although the Canmore supercharger is only 45 minutes up the road. Kinda slow at 50 kw but gives you the opportunity to explore the town a bit. It is a BV hydro charger so 21 cents a minute. Our bill was 9.17 including tax. Pricey for the speed but it’s an opportunity charger in an interesting place so why not. One can always use a few extra kilowatts when towing in the mountains. And it’s trailer friendly like many of the BC Hydro chargers.

1C002403-3393-4716-816D-AE4D3A3D13D8.jpeg

Lots of historic buildings that are now bed and breakfasts. The whole town was built by the CPR. The water tower is still there. Population of 170. It’s now a parks Canada town as it’s within yogo national park.

1EA7C7A6-FA63-4342-9423-3DB3F3D5D736.jpeg
0E0EE232-0DBA-4646-B0E2-5211169391C2.jpeg

The visitors centre has good bathrooms and lots of info. You can also hike the river.

Attachments

• 610560FD-B949-4ED8-ADFC-4F95547EEAD4.jpeg
    610560FD-B949-4ED8-ADFC-4F95547EEAD4.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 11AE768C-4076-4142-B9E8-EB52644FA495.jpeg
    11AE768C-4076-4142-B9E8-EB52644FA495.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 37E14E68-61B4-4670-9EFE-2EE3BF951E69.jpeg
    37E14E68-61B4-4670-9EFE-2EE3BF951E69.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1
I wish we had more DC chargers out in the middle of nowhere here in the USA. But it is improving. But for some unknown reason they are mostly all grouped together and sometimes we cannot get to places because they are too far from the main roads, especially on electric motorcycles. The same number of chargers spread out more would work out MUCH better.

I wonder if the long range and Tesla Superchargers is what makes Tesla the number one selling EV.

What I would love to see is an adapter so a Tesla Supercharger can be converted to CCS. That would solve a lot of problems.

Tesla has several prime locations where there is nothing else. Here is an example.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I wish we had more DC chargers out in the middle of nowhere here in the USA. But it is improving. But for some unknown reason they are mostly all grouped together and sometimes we cannot get to places because they are too far from the main roads, especially on electric motorcycles. The same number of chargers spread out more would work out MUCH better.

I wonder if the long range and Tesla Superchargers is what makes Tesla the number one selling EV.

What I would love to see is an adapter so a Tesla Supercharger can be converted to CCS. That would solve a lot of problems.

Tesla has several prime locations where there is nothing else. Here is an example.

-Don- Auburn, CA
Tesla makes both a Chademo and CCS adaptor but both are only available thru Tesla korea. There is a forwarding company that will buy and forward it to you. They are a few hundred bucks.

Our Chademo adaptor works well for us. We tend to use it when we are looking for a slow charge so we can shop or have lunch or whatever.

Our Chademo adaptor works well for us. We tend to use it when we are looking for a slow charge so we can shop or have lunch or whatever.
My Energica motorcycle has two charging options for a lunch stop. Either way too slow (3KW J-1772) or way too fast (24KW CCS).

-Don- Reno, NV

As an EV owner long before Tesla I would say the fact it's a premium car is most of it. The EV part is the sizzle on the steak for anyone interested in that. I drove my EV tens of thousands of miles before the J1772 standard even existed much less any public or fast charging stations. Odds are most of your charging is done at home from a dryer circuit which was mostly what I used, along with opportunity charging out and about from 120V outlets. The notion of EV's when they were the Citicar or some other eco-box was a non starter but make it a luxury sedan with performance that pushes you back into the seat and you have a car that anyone would want, irrespective of fuel type. Be the first one on the block to offer them and it's not hard to be number one when there's no number two.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom