Fresh Water Tank and Low Point Drains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfauen

I’m new here so please be patient. I recently bought a 2007 Coachman Concord 300TS and need to drain the fresh water tank and open the LowPoint drains. Gonna have a very cold spell soon. At least a cold spell for Central Texas. Temps in the Teens or early Twenties for a few days. I’ve looked all over for these drains. Where are those three drains located please? Thank you for your time.

Sorry, most of us won't be familiar with that particular year & model and coach builders are endlessly creative in tucking them away in odd places. Start by lying on the ground and looking upward underneath the space where the tank/pump/water inlet are. The drains should protrude through the bottom and may have caps threaded onto them (the means for opening or closing the drains). The LowPoint drains should be an adjacent pair, but the tank drain (if any) could be well away from the other two. Once you have the position located, re-investigate directly above the outlets to hopefully find some valves - the hoses are nearly always pretty much straight up & down.

Notice I use words like "could" and "nearly". That's because there is a lot of variety in different models & years.

Some coaches don't have a fresh tank drain. The tank is emptied by opening the LowPoint drains and turning on the pump to suck the water from the tank and push it out the drains. And if the fresh tank is located above the floor, maybe under a dinette seat or bed, it may not have a drain at all. Those are emptied by turning on the pump and opening hot & cold faucets so that the water runs down the sink or shower drain. You then have to dump the gray waste tank to get rid of the water.

Do you have an owner manual for it? If not, download this one (but it doesn't have any help on fresh water drains):

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom