Gold Creek Campground, Western Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sadness all around. But the story of the Donner Party when I was a kid really opened my eyes to what unpreparedness can do to you. A person doesn't have to be anal about it, but the 7 P's is always on my mind. And I still bugger it up from time to time.

I think this is the takeaway from the story: "In preparation for their lifelong journey in the wilderness, Jara said they did most of their research on the internet, learning how they could survive through YouTube videos."

So watching pilots on YouTube won't make me a pilot? Sad story but wow what happened to common sense. Step away from the TV and go enjoy life first hand, you might learn something.

My youngest daughter and my son-in-law lived in Gunnison County for awhile. In Gunnison, Colorado the average low temperature in January is -6.6° F. It's one of the coldest regions in the Rockies.

Typical Gunnison January Weather
1991–2020
Average daily high 25.9 °F
Average daily low -6.6 °F
Average monthly precipitation 0.8 inches
Average monthly snow 11.2 inches

"Winter Weather & Preparedness Information
Gunnison County's winter temperatures are frequently some of the coldest in the nation. Sub-zero & sub-freezing temperatures are not uncommon and can last for weeks at a time. It is important to take precautions when living in such a rural and harsh environment."

My youngest daughter and my son-in-law lived in Gunnison County for awhile. In Gunnison, Colorado the average low temperature in January is -6.6° F. It's one of the coldest regions in the Rockies.

1991–2020
No, thanks. I'll pass.

1991–2020

"Winter Weather & Preparedness Information
Gunnison County's winter temperatures are frequently some of the coldest in the nation. Sub-zero & sub-freezing temperatures are not uncommon and can last for weeks at a time. It is important to take precautions when living in such a rural and harsh environment."

My sister and bil lived in an underground house in Leadville back when the Moly mine was still operating. It required minimal heat in winter and no a/c ever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom