Golf carts - gas or electric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are about to purchase a golf cart, not sure used or new, to accompany us into our new world of golf RV resort living at a retirement community El Mirage outside of Phoenix AZ. We did not come west with the idea of acquiring a golf cart, but now that we have found a place for the winter, we like it so much we opted to buy a year round slot. Just about everyone here owns a golf cart and we can see why. Not only does it save cart fees on the golf course, but this park is huge, with over 2000 lots and a community of 4000 people (all over age 55) and their own post office. Not sure how many acres it covers, but you can easily find yourself walking over a mile to get somewhere. Thus golf carts come in very handy.

We are trying to decide whether to buy new or used. and even tougher, to decide between gas or electric. Also, we see from perusing ads, that some golf carts are considered street legal, and we see folks driving into town to pick up groceries etc.

We would especially like help deciding between gas or electric Golf carts. We will buy street legal if we can afford it, but our main goal is to be able to get around the RV park and to play golf.

Anyone have experience with golf carts?

We do not expect to travel with the golf cart. When we are gone for the spring and summer it will stay here in our shed.
I did a search and did not find anything on this. I help someone can help me. We are planning to stay at the Pop Century and was wondering if the guest are allowed to use the golf carts to go from the lobby to the room to transport luggage. Sorry if this has been posted. đź‘‹

A five-year-old thread! 18 years from the first post.

These days, I prefer electric regardless of what the item is. Lawn mower, hedge trimmer, weed eaters, cars and motorcycles, just anything where I have the choice.

But you could want to have spare charged up batteries on some of this stuff.

-Don- Reno, NV

Two things I would add to my reply from 5 years ago, first some campgrounds don't allow gas powered golf carts, but do allow electric ones, the second thing is Lithium batteries are a good thing, they can shave hundreds of pounds off an electric golf cart while at the same time improving overall performance.

I did a search and did not find anything on this. I help someone can help me. We are planning to stay at the Pop Century and was wondering if the guest are allowed to use the golf carts to go from the lobby to the room to transport luggage. Sorry if this has been posted. đź‘‹
Personally I would call Pop Century.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom