H Rated Tire Pressures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being the OP of this hotly debated topic, I'm just going to chime in once more as to why I was asking.

My landscape trailers run E rated tires and I try to keep them around 75 psi. 80 psi is the max. When I'm hauling completely loaded down, everything goes pretty well. But in the rare case I need to haul just one mower or something similar, I can see that 1200 lb mower actually bounce up into the air on hard road transitions, bumps, etc.

Take that same logic to my toy hauler. It already has 8K axles which are overkill. I had the MORryde Independent Suspension installed also at 8K but with reduced springs to better match the weight of the camper. But having six H rated tires hauling roughly 16,000 lbs (not counting the pin weight) makes me think back to my landscape trailers. Those H rated tires are already overkill at their minimum pressure of 80 psi. 125 psi is their max and I can't imagine how hard that ride would be.

So I'm just trying to find a happy medium. As mentioned in my last post, I pumped them all up to 100 psi before we headed to Myrtle Beach. I've noticed lately they're around 105 psi but it's been warmer. But the beach trip seemed to pull great and I feel better not running them at the 115 psi set from Jayco.

A tire isn’t over inflated unless it’s inflated to a psi exceeding the maximum inflation indicated on the sidewall. Otherwise, a tire inflated to 1 psi over the psi listed in the mfg. load inflation tables for the axle weights would be over inflated. Meantime adjectives ( opinions) like acceptable, optimal and desirable aren’t in the mfg. load inflation tables, not Michelin’s at any rate.
What "maximum inflation on the sidewall"? There isn't one. The maximum on the sidewall shows the psi need to support the maximum rated load, which is an entirely different thing.

Being the OP of this hotly debated topic, I'm just going to chime in once more as to why I was asking.

My landscape trailers run E rated tires and I try to keep them around 75 psi. 80 psi is the max. When I'm hauling completely loaded down, everything goes pretty well. But in the rare case I need to haul just one mower or something similar, I can see that 1200 lb mower actually bounce up into the air on hard road transitions, bumps, etc.

Take that same logic to my toy hauler. It already has 8K axles which are overkill. I had the MORryde Independent Suspension installed also at 8K but with reduced springs to better match the weight of the camper. But having six H rated tires hauling roughly 16,000 lbs (not counting the pin weight) makes me think back to my landscape trailers. Those H rated tires are already overkill at their minimum pressure of 80 psi. 125 psi is their max and I can't imagine how hard that ride would be.

So I'm just trying to find a happy medium. As mentioned in my last post, I pumped them all up to 100 psi before we headed to Myrtle Beach. I've noticed lately they're around 105 psi but it's been warmer. But the beach trip seemed to pull great and I feel better not running them at the 115 psi set from Jayco.
I’m sure Jayco, like commercial vehicle tire installers, air the tires to, or close to, the max psi for which they are rated ( which is perfectly fine) and leave it to the operator to adjust the psi to what works for them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom