Ham radio license

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deen,

I hope to be able to use the "vertical" while horizontal above the roof of the MH.  I have a friend, Tom, who has done this successfully for many years so I am trying to follow him.  BG  It will greatly depend on whether or not I can successfully avoid all the encumbrances on the roof such as solar panels etc.  I may find that I may have to move one or more to do this but...

If all else fails, I can always try a long wire over the tree like John has suggested.  I got my actuator yesterday so now have to redesign the lift mechanism as I can't attach the actuator as I planned.  Always something.  I'm going to try to get some help from a Mechanical Engineering Prof. I know here at the U.  Maybe we can make it a student project or something.  G

Well, I used the FCC website to renew my license, and it was slower and more painful than if I'd done it by snail-mail.  Their website ONLY works for Internet Explorer (sorry Apple/Linux users) and requires you to use very lax cookie handling procedures.  I hope that by 10 years from now they have fixed the security issues - but I won't hold my breath.

Regarding the suggestion we all bring our rigs to QZ.. There is a ham group that gathers a few miles south of us there.

I won't be in QZ this year but I'm working on a small 2-mtr repeater  (Variable power) may set it up in QZ one of  these years. don't yet knwo what advanced features I'll offer but I need to get a cw-ider and a couple other things first.

Back
Top Bottom