Help with Dometic RM1350 fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

So the neighbors (also a volunteer) fridge is not working and has not worked since she purchased the camper about 6 months ago.
I looked at it and found something unplugged, see pic, I did not plug it back in as I have no clue why it would be unplugged
The 12v fuse is good and the is power at the fridge recept.
Any thoughts on what we should try?
Thanks
2015 Forest River Sunseeker

Attachments

• 9142.jpeg
    9142.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 9144.jpeg
    9144.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It appears there is an open connector on the control board.
As I look at the schematics in the service manual, there is no plug with 5 leads to match that one as well as I can tell for the picture. That also does not look like the type of connector that fits on the circuit board, but it's hard to tell for sure so see if the circuit board has an open connector that it will fit. To me, that looks more like it is a male plug that should have a female to plug into so look for the other end with wires to match, if it doesn't go on the circuit board.
The 12v fuse is good and the is power at the fridge recept.
There should be 2 fuses, a 3A one for the 12V side and a 5A for the 120V supply. The only thing that the 120V supplies is the electric heater to replace the propane flame if on electric. The entire control system is operated from 12V. What sort of meter readings have you taken? There is a terminal block somewhere in the back that has the connections from the 12V RV supply and nothing will work if it is not there.

Keep in mind as you attempt to connect things that you could make things worse if you put a plug in the wrong place or if there was some important reason that the plug was disconnected.

In order to help much, we need a lot more details about what "not working" means. Does the operator panel light up? Any error lights/codes displayed? Interior light working? Any cooling at all, either in LP gas or AC electric mode?

That said, that loose connector is very suspicious and I would not hesitate to plug it back in if there is a nearby matching receptacle. There are typically no dangling connectors on a fridge wiring harness and the shape of the connector is sufficient to make sure it won't be plugged somewhere damaging.

Check inside this box. They look like they're going in there on my 1350

Attachments

• 20240317_122122.jpg
    20240317_122122.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240317_122309.jpg
    20240317_122309.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240317_122319.jpg
    20240317_122319.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 4
I wish I could open the box, but the chemo is doing a number one me. Does it fit that plug just above your finger in the picture.

Keep in mind as you attempt to connect things that you could make things worse if you put a plug in the wrong place or if there was some important reason that the plug was disconnected.
I agree with you on this and as much as I would like to help she needs a service tech.
She did mention yesterday that she has the previous owners phone number and a Good Sam warranty.
Thanks for all the replies.
I'll report back if I hear what the issue is.

Not sure why she hasn't called the owner, the warranty has a 500 deductible so she needs to wait on that. Fortunately there is a mini fridge and freezer available to use.

I agree with you on this and as much as I would like to help she needs a service tech.
She did mention yesterday that she has the previous owners phone number and a Good Sam warranty.
Thanks for all the replies.
I'll report back if I hear what the issue is.
A Good Sam extended service contract will not cover an unplugged connection, or wear N tear. If something is bad from a short or other such damage, then the ESC should cover the replacement.
When you look closely at that connector one of the end plugs is designed so it only fits one direction. That closely resembles the wiring plug for an ice maker.

Reactions: SMR
I explained that to her early on when I was asked if I knew anything about the fridge. I hope it works out for her, we have moved on from the park. She will update me on the repairs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom