Highway vs All terrain tires for tuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I replaced the tires on our Jeep Wrangler with BF Goodrich all terrain TA KO2 almost 5 years ago. The noise level from the original tires which were also BF Goodrich but a different tread pattern was unbearable. Night and day difference.
I replaced my BF Goodrich original tires with Hankooks, which ride better with reduced noise and a slight handling improvement.

My dad always owned 4wd pickups; he always said, 4wd is used to get out of where you got stuck in 2wd, and it worked for him. But then he always ran cleated mud N snow tires.

That's why I said 'might'. We were parked in a grass lot once during a rainstorm and another guy spun his rear tires up to the rims. Putting in 4WD could not pull him out. The front tires buried themselves.

When I had a Silverado (1500), I'd get asked when I was going to put some "real" tires on it. It came with Bridgestone Dueler HT's. Looked like a car tire for sure, no knobby sidewall, lots of narrow siping on the tread for water. Rode smooth and quiet, and by 35k miles, was fairly certain they were going to last to 60k+. So many folks go for an aggressive looking tire, "all terrain". Some AT's are more aggressive than others, but a "real" tire, IMO, is fit for purpose. A nice highway tire is exactly what that pickup needed.

For reviews suggestions and browsing pleasure, I'd hop on Tirerack.com just to see what's out there for your size and get a sense of what you might want.

I have a 2wd F250 with positive-traction. I carry traction boards for wet grass or mud. Had to use them a couple of times. Once I get moving, I keep going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom