how to boondock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can stay 3 hours in a Florida rest stop. I have never seen anyone with a timer. I have never been goosed at any rest stop anywhere. I generally never stop more than 5 hours in a rest stop anyway. 4 hours to top up the sleep and an hour to eat.

1663687752359.png

Back in the 1990's (before my Dad passed away) he pulled into a FL rest area and was asleep for all of 30 minutes before he was run out. This was back when he would put in a 10 hour day setting tile and then make a 14 hour trip (in 12 hours or less) to NC overnight and empty his truck out and go to work. That was the first and last time he tried sleeping in a rest area. As a result, I have never tried sleeping in a FL rest area. I can't even remember pulling into a FL rest area. I was terribly shocked when I found a rest area where sleeping was allowed. I didn't (I found a parking lot several miles farther down the road) but I could have. Since then I have stayed in a few rest areas (mostly TX). I was also surprised to find free wifi at the TX rest areas that I have stopped at.

Never abuse the courtesy of overnight stays at Walmart - you'll ruin it for the rest of us that only want a place to rest for a night.

Always ask the manager and security team at the Walmart if you can stay and WHERE in their lot they would let you camp.

Putting out slides and leveling both border on abuse of the courtesy - it is NOT a campground it is a haven for potential customers.

Undoubtedly, others have said the same thing and I apologize for the repetition.

Back
Top Bottom