Inverters for Ham and Other Electronic Gear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man! - This is some of the best information I've received from anywhere! I really appreciate it. UPS is supposed to deliver all my new gear tomorrow (Thursday). Hopefully, I can get it all set up (except for tuning the Hustler 6BTV antenna) by Friday. Then I can take it all down, put it in the RV, and head out for the weekend. Thanks everybody!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I hope this forum keeps going. I'll check it often.

Carson - I remember the 10 - 10 activity quite well. That was a lot of fun. I did all the awards stuff and spent hours (when I should have been working) trying to work more people. I'm looking forward to getting that active in some way starting today.

Most motor homes have both a HOUSE and a Chassis battery.. Mine has a pair of Interstate U-2200's for house and I think the chassis is a group 73 (Workhorse branded) or 78.. I knew a while ago the first time it appeared dead.. IT was not , and is not. (was a bad connection)

I had the dealer route a 10ga zip cord from the battery via a 40 amp fuse to a Rig-Runner (West Mountain Radio) and plug in 2 CB's and a TM-733 and a WE-800 and some other stuff there

The TS-2000 hooks directly to the house fuse block.. I had to add about 1 foot of wire to it's factory supplied leads.

Works great.

Since I did not get a 120 volt power supply for them (I planned on installing in the Motor Home) that question is moot.. But when I was at home yes, I did indeed use the same "power supply" (The motor home)

Back
Top Bottom