LCI Leveling jacks fail - help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has he tried using manual override in the manual? (figure 5)
With all of the lights flashing, it won’t let us do anything. We’re trying some other things to maybe be able to try manual.

What about voltage readings or continuity checks? Any sort of meter readings?
Measured red+white at control module 12.07 (from the chasis) brown+white 12.92 (from house) both unassisted.

We replaced the harness from controller to touchpad with a new to address continuity.

If anyone has any ideas in a direction we can try, we’re game.
Having just gone through a rather major issue with our levelers, I can definitely feel your pain.

Are these Lippert Power Gear levelers? That's what we were dealing with. It's clear, having gone through several issues with levelers in the past, it can be complicated given so many things are involved.

I doubt very much Thor would be able to help and while Lippert support is excellent overall, a lot depends on just who you get to talk to.

For what its worth, here's a link to the final "summary" of what we ended up going through after multiple days, many hours, and a lots and lots of $$$. As with all such matters, so much depends on the expertise of any tech that you manage to find. Some are amazing, others simply a waste of money. Good luck and keep us posted.

Having just gone through a rather major issue with our levelers, I can definitely feel your pain.

Are these Lippert Power Gear levelers? That's what we were dealing with. It's clear, having gone through several issues with levelers in the past, it can be complicated given so many things are involved.

I doubt very much Thor would be able to help and while Lippert support is excellent overall, a lot depends on just who you get to talk to.

For what its worth, here's a link to the final "summary" of what we ended up going through after multiple days, many hours, and a lots and lots of $$$. As with all such matters, so much depends on the expertise of any tech that you manage to find. Some are amazing, others simply a waste of money. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for your history. At least we’re not alone, and it happened in our driveway.

Here’s a photo of manual for our system

459793B4-03C3-4CAC-B691-30A16B1005E2.png

We’re in the middle of no where…taking it somewhere is never an option, hubby too stubborn. We did find a mobile tech we’ve contacted via email, closed on Sunday.

We think we may have a breakthrough, working on it currently, will post update if it’s good.

Disappointed is something we’ve been the last week or so, hope this is a win.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your history. At least we’re not alone, and it happened in our driveway.

Here’s a photo of manual for our system

View attachment 171569

We’re in the middle of no where…taking it somewhere is never an option, hubby too stubborn. We did find a mobile tech we’ve contacted via email, closed on Sunday.

We think we may have a breakthrough, working on it currently, will post update if it’s good.

Disappointed is something we’ve been the last week or so, hope this is a win.

Thanks again.
He hasn't been using foul language as he?

Solved. In a nutshell the grounds on the system were not truly secured at the factory. The ground to the chasis was corroded and did not have good contact. (See above how we solved this) The ground from the solenoid to the pump motor has worked itself mostly off. Sloppy workmanship at the factory. We cleaned the ground and the large and small studs were wire brush cleaned and Dielectric Silicone Grease was applied to the surfaces of contact, but not all over.

321D2E8A-1060-4515-B0C7-3E3903C87334.jpeg

If you ever have this issue, check the grounds first.

Thanks to @Kirk , @Onyrlef and @Mark_K5LXP for hanging with us.

@Onyrlef , @ziplock We hope to leave for Louisiana tomorrow morning!🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾

Solved. In a nutshell the grounds on the system were not truly secured at the factory. The ground to the chasis was corroded and did not have good contact. (See above how we solved this) The ground from the solenoid to the pump motor has worked itself mostly off. Sloppy workmanship at the factory. We cleaned the ground and the large and small studs were wire brush cleaned and Dielectric Silicone Grease was applied to the surfaces of contact, but not all over.

View attachment 171572

If you ever have this issue, check the grounds first.

Thanks to @Kirk , @Onyrlef and @Mark_K5LXP for hanging with us.

@Onyrlef , @ziplock We hope to leave for Louisiana tomorrow morning!🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾
Yippee! Good for you and have a great trip.

As I said earlier, I could feel your pain. Now, I can definitely feel your RELIEF! (y) :)

Great that it turned out to be something that could be fixed without what could have been quite expensive replacement parts, not to mention labor charges.

Cleaning and securing all the connections were the first thing the tech that worked on our rig did. Unfortunately, not quite that simple. :rolleyes:

As I said earlier, I could feel your pain. Now, I can definitely feel your RELIEF! (y) :)

Great that it turned out to be something that could be fixed without what could have been quite expensive replacement parts, not to mention labor charges.

Cleaning and securing all the connections were the first thing the tech that worked on our rig did. Unfortunately, not quite that simple. :rolleyes:
Thanks!

We did buy all those parts - he wants to keep them, just in case…funsucker.

FYI we bought a mh with a similar system in about 1912 (winny DP). Verified it worked and then used the mh for ten years, including five years FT w/o ever using the levelers again until we sold the unit. We asked for level spots and used them.

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom