Multi carrier vSim mobile hotspot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nobody has owned or researched these things? I went back through all the ones currently offered and found none have 5G, but I can certainly live with 4G.
I had to recently update my very old 3G cellphone. I found out that was the reason my Verizon cell did not work in the Everglades, but my Verizon 4G Hotspot did. I was told they now only have 4G in that area. The west still has some Verizon 3G for a couple of more months.

So while I was there, I decided to upgrade my Hotspot as well--even though my old one has been working great. I just need to go pick it up (Auburn) as they had to order it, unlike my new Smartphone that they had in stock.

Anyway, my new Hotspot will do 5G. Also 4G.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
I have looked at them, several different models. Though I don't have a need for one, yet. Pepwave and Netgear got most of my attention.

Thanks Phil. I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. I looked up Netgear and Pepwave and it seems they’re all BYOS devices (bring your own sims)
The things I’m looking at have embedded virtual sims for Verizon, ATT, and T Mobile. You don’t need an account with any carrier. They claim their devices have logic to determine the best signal and will use that carrier. They claim no throttling.
The TravlFi allows up to 5 devices to connect and they offer plans from 2 to 800GB. There aren’t many reviews out there and I was hoping somebody here may have one and could share pros and cons.

Ah. Not real familiar with that type service. I did read about them a while back - just too much for what we do/require, for now.
I'm sure it will work fine as long as there is a supported carrier in range.
What is your goal?

Thanks Phil. I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. I looked up Netgear and Pepwave and it seems they’re all BYOS devices (bring your own sims)
The things I’m looking at have embedded virtual sims for Verizon, ATT, and T Mobile. You don’t need an account with any carrier. They claim their devices have logic to determine the best signal and will use that carrier. They claim no throttling.
The TravlFi allows up to 5 devices to connect and they offer plans from 2 to 800GB. There aren’t many reviews out there and I was hoping somebody here may have one and could share pros and cons.

Hi, I am interested in your finding for the Travlfi. We are thinking of ordering it. Did it meet your expectations, reliable most areas traveled, and able to connect easily to best carrier? Thanks for your reply, OH-IO

Hi, I am interested in your finding for the Travlfi. We are thinking of ordering it. Did it meet your expectations, reliable most areas traveled, and able to connect easily to best carrier? Thanks for your reply, OH-IO
We didn’t end up with one. We got a T-Mobile 5G whole house device. It has unlimited data and, so far, it’s worked well for us in FL, NC, OH, IN, WI, and most of MI. (Didn’t get a usable signal in a couple of places in the UP of MI.) OH-IO! This on Rosie’s stern:
IMG_5454.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom