Must see new outhouses of RMNP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Award winning new outhouses of Rocky Mountain National Park.

In 2016 I worked for the Parks and Recreation in Colorado. The homeless slept overnight in the pit toilet outhouses.

Snow load is another issue. 30 to 40 feet of snow will collapse roofs on Longs Peak.

We still have snow visible from our home at approximately 10,000 feet elevation from last winter on the north face of the mountain we live on the side of and it's September.

Last edited:
Wow no roof, must be interesting in the rain and snow
That design isn't anything new. Back in the 1930s the CCC built a 4,000 seat open air amphitheater on Mt. Tamalpais overlooking San Francisco. The toilet facilities were large buildings with stone walls and no roof each holding a dozen or so pit toilet stalls. They were closed and replaced with more modern facilities by the early 1960s, on one of my visits there as a teenager I scaled one of the walls to look inside.

That design isn't anything new. Back in the 1930s the CCC built a 4,000 seat open air amphitheater on Mt. Tamalpais overlooking San Francisco. The toilet facilities were large buildings with stone walls and no roof each holding a dozen or so toilet stalls. They were closed and replaced with more modern facilities by the early 1960s, on one of my visits there as a teenager I scaled one of the walls to look inside.
Wow, I had forgotten about Mt. Tam. I went to high school in Vacaville.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom