national marlin headlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueeyztoo

Hello, I am a new member . We bought a 2001 national marlin 370. I took the headlight cover off and removed the headlight . My manual says its a halogen 9003. Instead i found a sealed beam. Anybody have any insight in what i am dealing with. Could some of the marlins have sealed beam and some halogen. I would like to upgrade to halogen or possibly led's and possibly something with a led surround for more visability in daytime. I have looked on ebay and amazon and only came up more confused. Any help or ideas would be appreciated, Thanks Roger

Pics might help. Many older (and even newer) class A's used headlights from a automobile or truck (or the aftermarket replacement version of it) and you can google the DOT number on the face of the light to possibly figure out what it came from. Taillights are the same way.

I saw a new diesel pusher the other day that had KIA Soul taillights on the back of it in the styled fiberglass end cap.

Charles

New members can't post photos until they have posted a few comments.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you can get the help you need.

The owner manual or any RV typically covers multiple models of the brand and it's common for some of the content to be "not applicable". Or accompanied by the phrase "if equipped". It's also not unusual for the production specs to change without a corresponding update to the manual or sales brochures. So YES, it is quite possible your Marlin doesn't match the manual you have.

The illustrations in the 2001 Marlin sales brochure sure look like sealed beams.

In any case, it is what it is. There are conversion kits available on Amazon, Ebay, and major auto parts retailers.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the main lights are halogen and the brights are sealed beam . Really odd or someone changed them. The sealed beam is not an easy identifiable one. 2 autoparts stores have no idea the model bulb that was used . Identifying numbers on glass front are not anything in their bulb supply books. I was wondering if someone changed the main headlights and never touched the high beams . I thought the marlin book might be accurate as thatr model was only made 1 year. Thanks Roger

Are they about 6"x10"? There was a Hella headlight that was used on Mack trucks that found it's way on to a few motorhomes. Hella doesn't make them anymore, but there is a Dorman copy. Maybe you have 2 Dorman/other aftermarket and 2 Mack/Hella lights?

Last edited:
Hello. Thanks to a old timer at a auto parts store they have been identified. They are 6054 sealed beams and the others were converted at some point. I am going to convert all to LED with the drl surrounds. Anyone else try this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom