No power to Leveling system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweeney69

Hey all,

New to the forum and also new to RVs

I recently got a new to me 99 adventurer 35c

I brought it home yesterday to prep for the season, and I cant get the leveling system to power on. In park, parking brake down, and tried both engine on/off and all key positions. I've checked all the basics of fuses and switches that I could find, the parking brake lights up on the dash when engaged so I'm assuming the switch is working, verified the plugs are seated on the board yet still nothing when I try to turn it on, no lights or noises etc. I plan to look more into it when I get home today from work, but was hoping to get some direction from someone who knows a little more about motorhomes then me haha.

I'm not sure I can help, but people will need some more info on the leveling system itself. HWH, LCL, over the floor, type of jacks, batteries and voltages, etc..

I'm not sure I can help, but people will need some more info on the leveling system itself. HWH, LCL, over the floor, type of jacks, batteries and voltages, etc..
Its a HWH system, unsure on type of jacks, I can craw under there this evening and look, All batteries are brand new, and fully charged.
Were they working when you first inspected the RV?
A little back story, this was my in-laws rig for many years, when they upgraded we got there old one from them, everything worked as it should when they were using it, however we have had it for 2 years now and it has sat since we got it. I just put new batteries in it and drove it home from storage to get setup and ready to use it this year. So to answer your question, there was no inspection, however the last time is was used they did in fact work. I also had my father in law with me yesterday to eliminate user error.

The leveling system typically has its own direct battery connection and fuse, so maybe it got disconnected or the fuse blown when the batteries were changed. I'm not sure on a '99 Winnebago whether the jacks were powered from house or chassis batteries, but by around 2005 RVIA standard designs called for powering them from the chassis 12v system with the engine running. Older models like yours did NOT require the engine running and might even have an interlock to prevent that. You can get wiring diagrams for your specific model at Winnebago Owner Resources| Legendary Customer Service

The leveling system typically has its own direct battery connection and fuse, so maybe it got disconnected or the fuse blown when the batteries were changed. I'm not sure on a '99 Winnebago whether the jacks were powered from house or chassis batteries, but by around 2005 RVIA standard designs called for powering them from the chassis 12v system with the engine running. Older models like yours did NOT require the engine running and might even have an interlock to prevent that. You can get wiring diagrams for your specific model at Winnebago Owner Resources| Legendary Customer Service
Good to know, I will check all the wires that connect to the battery and see if there's any inline fuses.

Hey all,

New to the forum and also new to RVs

I recently got a new to me 99 adventurer 35c

I brought it home yesterday to prep for the season, and I cant get the leveling system to power on. In park, parking brake down, and tried both engine on/off and all key positions. I've checked all the basics of fuses and switches that I could find, the parking brake lights up on the dash when engaged so I'm assuming the switch is working, verified the plugs are seated on the board yet still nothing when I try to turn it on, no lights or noises etc. I plan to look more into it when I get home today from work, but was hoping to get some direction from someone who knows a little more about motorhomes then me haha.
We just had this problem and solved it. It was a series of problems, but the heart of the issue was that the grounds on the system were loose and had corrosion. People here helped us a lot. Here’s a link to where I posted the solution, but you can also scroll around in that thread to see some,of the other suggestions offered: LCI Leveling jacks fail - help!

Use this PDF to ID your model HWH leveling system. One of the ID items is the size/shape of the control box. On that box is 5 or more fuses. On my Winnebago the box just lays on the floor in front of my left foot.
When you have ID'ed your model, just do a search for that model# service manual. It has an excellent troubleshooting section.
Gary is correct, Winnebago powers the leveling system from chassis battery bank. It must receive ~ 13VDC to adequately power the pump, thus motor running or on shore power.

Last edited:
One of the more interesting issues I had with my RV was a lose wire.. How does your parking brake work. Do you pull something. Push something or stomp on a pedal? Mine was the latter.
On the bracket for the pedal is the parking brake switch.. this is what turns on the BRAKE or Parking Brake light on the dash. Mine had two wires. the other was hooked to the levelers. If it's loose. NO LEVELERS.

Fortunately for you, Winnebago has electrical diagrams for your RV available on their website. HWH service manuals are also available on their website as long as you know what system you are using. If you have not done so, make sure that the hydraulic reservoir is at proper level as many of the HWH systems do not run if a low level is sensed. From what you say it does appear that you are not getting power to it so the Winnebago drawings should help you find the source. If you have a reasonably good multimeter and are familiar with it will help.

Thanks for all the replies, I did a little digging yesterday and here is what I found.

I have the 200 series HWH leveling system, I am not getting 12v ACC power to the board on wire 6120, the troubleshooting guide for the HWH 200 series simply says to trace wire back and repair.

I am also having an issue with the ACC power to my radio

While trying to see if these were related, I found that the ACC wire for the radio and the 6120 wire for the HWH system do have continuity, and for some reason when the radio switch is on aux the radio fuse blows under the dash. what's odd is when the switch is on main, the fuse does not blow, its only when switched to aux, however there is no ACC power to the radio in either position

I called it a night there, I will be trying to make a little more sense of the Winnebago drawings over the next few days to try and see where the jack power (6120) is tied into the RV as well as try to see what could be causing the fuse to blow. I may also explore physically tracing 6120 back this evening, until I can get a friend who can read these drawings efficiently with me.

Tracing wires is a ton of fun but from the sounds of it the radio is the problem Harbor freight has a cable tracker about 25 bucks you hook up the transmitter at one end (After making sure there is no power there) then beep beep beep with the receiver wand to follow the wire. I found if you are following a bundle and the bundle branches it's easy to figure out which branch is the correct one (Guess how) Found the end of the wire I did.

Back
Top Bottom