No water from sink or shower when connected.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanaJ

Hey everyone! I've spent hours trying to figure this problem out, I'm hoping someone can help. This is regarding a 2018 truck camper with a good bit of wear and tear. I've connected the water hose, ran it long enough to where the tank should be filled and even with that pressure, NOTHING comes out of the sink or shower. No drip, no air, no sputtering, nothing... I can't find any evidence of a clog or that the water is leaking out of a crack. I live in a cold climate, so cracked tanks are possible but I don't see anything that would indicate any leak. The water pump works off and on but I never needed it when using a water hook up anyway so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks, and safe travels!

OK, let's start simple. Your post has me a bit confused.

Is this how you are doing it?

To run on city water (from the garden hose connected to shore power)... On board water pump is turned off. Garden hose is turned on. Any valves are set to "normal run."

To run water from your fresh water tank. Fill the tank with fresh water from the garden hose. Disconnect the garden hose. Turn on the water pump. The pump will run and continue running. and continue, and continue. Turn on a water faucet and the pump will start pulling water from the tank. If it does not. Turn the faucet back off. Turn the pump back off and repeat again ... pump on first, then open a faucet.

Is this what you are doing.

If you are attempting to run water from the garden hose and the water pump is turned on at the same time, that could be the problem.

Do you have bypass valves behind the water heater? If you do can you take a picture of them and post it here.

One thing you can look at is the fitting where you connect the garden hose. There should be a mesh screen there. Remove it and see if it’s clean. If not, you can buy them at a hardware store. Don’t pressurize your system unless that screen is in place.
While you have that screen out look inside that fitting. You should see something like maybe a ball. Using a pencil with a eraser push in on that ball and make sure it is free and pops back into place.

Last edited:
OK, let's start simple. Your post has me a bit confused.

Is this how you are doing it?

To run on city water (from the garden hose connected to shore power)... On board water pump is turned off. Garden hose is turned on. Any valves are set to "normal run."

To run water from your fresh water tank. Fill the tank with fresh water from the garden hose. Disconnect the garden hose. Turn on the water pump. The pump will run and continue running. and continue, and continue. Turn on a water faucet and the pump will start pulling water from the tank. If it does not. Turn the faucet back off. Turn the pump back off and repeat again ... pump on first, then open a faucet.

Is this what you are doing.

If you are attempting to run water from the garden hose and the water pump is turned on at the same time, that could be the problem.
There are two. I've never used the "city" unless I was in a bind and had to funnel water in with jugs, in that case, I'd use the water pump. At campgrounds, I use a hose at the hookup, no water pump was necessary, the pressure was fine, I'd turn the water off when I didn't need it and only use the water pump when the tank was full. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the pump though. It's like there's no water getting in. I've always kept the hoses clean to avoid crud getting in and checked that little filter. I appreciate the response, it's my first RV. I'm hoping for an easy (cheap) fix since it's time for other repairs also.

I am a bit confused after reading a couple times. You are trying to run water through the onboard tank without a pump?

Putting the hose on "city" water should pressurize system.
Filling the onboard tank should require the pump.

I too am confused bu your description, but you should get water at the faucets either way. Perhaps with some sputtering, but some water. If getting nothing at all, then something is blocked or turned off.

A photo of your water inlet & control valves would help us understand. And the answers to these questions would help further:
  • Does your water tank get filled from the city (hose) inlet or from a separate gravity-feed port?
  • If there is a City vs Fill valve, which position is it in?
  • With water in the fresh tank and the pump on, do you get water from the faucets?
  • Have you successfully connected to campground "city" water before? I.e. is this a new problem or has it never worked since you owned the camper?

First with hose connected can you fill your water tank? If not turn off hose water remove check valve and see if it is good. You may want to replace it & filter, can you hear HW water heater filling? after if you still do not get water at faucets, you have a stopped-up water line. I have used RV since the 60s, they have different problems.

Test water flow after removing the sink aerator. My aerator was plugged and the water did not flow out.

Dennis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom