Ocean / Nautical / Nature Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FTRVSWF

I added several topics because I have a few I’d like to post. That is, unless I am missing a topic such as post your own photo of the day or image from elsewhere. The same is true of say song of the day or video of the day or meme of the day. I did find list a joke. I was searching for a social area and I believe I found it. :)

This was taken at Padre Island national seashore. I was sitting on the second sandbar probably halfway down to the land cut and just below the surface I began to feel these circular things. I had never seen a live sand dollar and had no idea what they looked like until I filled a bucket with them that day. Apparently live sand dollars have green cilia on them for motility. Pretty neat.

Attachments

• 7409D68F-5267-4A51-A652-697406B40843.jpeg
    7409D68F-5267-4A51-A652-697406B40843.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 9
Nice shot. One time back in the 80s I went diving off the beach in southern California after we got out of the surf zone I ran into a bed of sand dollars. It was very cool looking. Hundreds of them all lined up in rows all stuck in the sand about half submerged in the sand. And they were all a beautiful purple color. I did not take a photo because I did not have a camera with me and visibility was poor so it would not have come out anyway.

I took this one a few years ago at the zoo in Houston. I always thought it was really cool. It was difficult not to have the red light of the camera show against the glass. I just happened to capture this one when he was looking directly at me or at least it seemed so .26DE54EC-5A54-4CB5-82D5-17C588308453.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom