Patriot 2012 breaking system RF Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisinTN

I know this is a "hail Mary pass." When we bought our first Class C it came with a Patriot 2012 break buddy. We are still using today. Unfortunately, the RF controller failed and Blue Ox does not sell a replacement. I would guess that this is a simple communication protocol to simply increase/decrease the gain, and provide break buddy status. Does anyone know of someplace to purchase, or an app that would work with the break buddy?

A Patriot is not a Brake Buddy - they are two different (though similar) products. I suspect the Op was simply using "break buddy" as a generic name for a portable tow brake, much like Kleenex or Coke are used for other products.

Used Patriot brand tow brakes are often available on Ebay or other used item sellers. Whether the price is low enough to justify the age & condition risk is something only you can decide.

I suspect the Op was simply using "break buddy" as a generic name for a portable tow brake, much like Kleenex or Coke are used for other products.
You may be right but my point is that not everyone knows history like we old guys do so wanted to be sure that he doesn't buy the wrong one. That does happen at times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom