RAM 2500 Hydraulic Control Unit Failure Issue - Check NTSB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SloCurve

Seems like this is an appropriate place to alert people considering or owning a 2018 (and some prior years) RAM 2500. Hydraulic Control Unit failure is a "known issue" that takes the truck off the road until an anticipated AUGUST 2023 back-order date. It's a braking system issue, and that's a life-or-death thing, particularly when there's a few tons of RV in tow.
So our booked-up trip from FL to ME this summer now appears dead; we'll be paying cancellations and pleading our non-refundable reservations. Then we have to find SOMETHING to drive for 4 months. And when it does get fixed, I don't expect to be consoled by the cost. "Bewildered" would be a major understatement.
It sure seems like a recall should be declared, and my understanding is that NTSB is looking into the situation. It's easy to report (online or by phone), so if you are among the unfortunate and want to try to raise some pressure on Chrysler for financial relief from resulting damages, it would be in your best interest (and a service to prospective owners) to report the case.

If this is a recall issue, there won't be any cost involved with the repair. Whether or not you can get any financial compensation for time/money lost is another issue.

If this is a recall issue, there won't be any cost involved with the repair. Whether or not you can get any financial compensation for time/money lost is another issue.
True, but first the good people managing Chrysler need to issue a recall, and they have not. So consumer noise is the only hope. It's my first Ram. Maybe my last.

True, but first the good people managing Chrysler need to issue a recall, and they have not. So consumer noise is the only hope. It's my first Ram. Maybe my last.
Which is about the same as RAM's issue with the grid heater bolt on the Cummins. No one will admit there is a problem, but people keep having those bolts come loose and then burn in two and end up in #6 cylinder. Its a problem but RAM and Cummins are not talking about it. Meanwhile Banks is selling lots of Monster RAMs since that replaces the grid heater with a heater from a Duramax.

Charles

Well, this case has an unexpected and happy ending. To my great surprise, after I called the Chrysler Customer Care department, a case manager was assigned and their inventory system was searched. The search turned up an available HCU in my state and it was installed yesterday. I brought it home today and all our plans are back on track.
Maybe I'm lucky, but I'm also grateful that I actually got effective help from their Customer Care. Stuff happens, and how it's handled matters a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom