Redoing inside of rv and want to get rid of those pesty looking dome lights.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darkyputz

Hello

What are you guys using for ceiling lights?
I dont like those strange dome lights with switch in middleScreenshot_20240310_142823.jpg
Anything out there that looks less camping?
Would love to see your versions
Thx in advance

Design is personal and choice should be coordinated with coach interior. I suggest google 12VDC ceiling lights, LED preferred. Hope you find the perfect 12V light fixtures.

Jennifer - still using the switch dome lights.

Our choices were based on the location of the lights since we find that lights seem to work best depending on where they are and what they are used for. The lights like what you show can be vastly improved by replacing the bulbs with LED's. Amazon has a wide range of RV light fixtures, as do other suppliers. Over our dinette table we used a light very similar to this one, with ability to dim. On each side of our bed I installed one of these for late night reading. In our bathroom I put one of these where the original light was. I then replaced the outside light with one like this which can be either white light or amber.

Without the switch, how do you intend to turn them on and off?

Granted, I think RV's should have higher ceilings and wall switches, higher ceilings for tall people an wall switches for the short people who cannot reach them.

I have a single similar to what you showed above and would like to get a double to replace it, but I want them all to match. Mine were made by Progressive Industries and they quit making them and sold off the inventory to a couple of companies, both of which are out of what I need.

Charles

Our choices were based on the location of the lights since we find that lights seem to work best depending on where they are and what they are used for. The lights like what you show can be vastly improved by replacing the bulbs with LED's. Amazon has a wide range of RV light fixtures, as do other suppliers. Over our dinette table we used a light very similar to this one, with ability to dim. On each side of our bed I installed one of these for late night reading. In our bathroom I put one of these where the original light was. I then replaced the outside light with one like this which can be either white light or amber.
Thx alot for those examples. Nice to read when someone used and liked a product.
We are planning to have all lights on wall switches, i dont want to fiddle on the light fixtures themselves. Sind we are redoing the ceiling somehow i will hopefully be able to get all new cables run

I kind of like the way you can turn them on where you need them.. We do have a wall switch for our lights at the entrance. Do you have trouble reaching them?

I kind of like the way you can turn them on where you need them.. We do have a wall switch for our lights at the entrance. Do you have trouble reaching them?
Its not the reaching part, its the look and light they put out.
They look like a 60s camping equipment made by a 5 yr old and not sophisticated 20th century or any way elegant. Now that we redo this thing we want to make it modern and good looking...thats all

Sind we are redoing the ceiling somehow i will hopefully be able to get all new cables run
The switches will be the biggest challenge. How difficult will depend at least partially on the construction of the walls. We were fortunate that our RV did have a switch next to the door that controlled the lights just inside and also one for the bathroom on the wall just inside of the door. There was also a switch on the nightstand for the light on that side of the bed but the one directly above the bed didn't have and I never changed that. You could hide the wires on the walls by using a wire mold product like this and switches like this one or this one.

I haven’t researched it myself but maybe you can find led lights with remote control fobs so you won’t need to run switch wires?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom