Replacing Roof Vent Without Removing Old Housings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megamike

Hi all!
I wanted to know if there is a way to replace the roof vents without removing the housings. My rv is lawless and i just recoated my roof and seals but in the bathroom i have old vent (the little ones that are original), and another that is just an openings. I just don't want to mess with my roof if i don't have to. any ideas?
thank you!
Mike

Yes you can change just the vent cover itself as long as the mechanism is still good. Try to locate a manufactures name on the cover someplace or take the cover to a rv dealership and match it up with one on the shelf.

I'm not sure what is meant by the "housing". Are you meaning that you want to replace the fans and screens - the guts of the unit(s) - inside the assembly without replacing the entire assembly itself?

I'm not sure what is meant by the "housing". Are you meaning that you want to replace the fans and screens - the guts of the unit(s) - inside the assembly without replacing the entire assembly itself?
correct. i was wondering if it can be done please

My RV is so old the original vent covers are no longer being made. By comparing pictures of the hinge I found covers by another maker that worked with a simple modification using pliers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom