Rexhall Rumblings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buddy Tott

Anyone else heard any rubmlings about Rexhall Industries.  A salesperson today said he'd heard they were  closing shop and/or filing for Chapter 11.  Their website is still up and running and I haven't seen any other news about them...Anything on the grapevine?

BT

Buddy Tott said:
Anyone else heard any rubmlings about Rexhall Industries.  A salesperson today said he'd heard they were  closing shop and/or filing for Chapter 11.  Their website is still up and running and I haven't seen any other news about them...Anything on the grapevine?

Buddy

I've heard the same rumors but nothing confirmed. Can't go by the website, Travel Supreme's site is still up and running.

Buddy Tott said:

BT

Buddy,

I drove by their sales lot the other day and it was almost empty. 1 motorhome and 3 5th wheels. Their Mfg. plant still a had lot of rigs parkewd outside but their lot where they used to store chassis was empty. I didn't stop to ask, but it sure looked lonesome around there.

Gary, I have to agree.

I have only recently started looking at the Rexhall coach line and have been very impressed with their innovation, design and overall quality.  As far as I know, it is/was still a family owned and run business who have a very hands-on approach in all aspects of their coaches.  Being in California, I also liked the idea of their factory not being too far away from me in Lancaster, east of L.A.  Their coaches have a low profile and stand several inches (and perhaps feet, in some cases) lower than most other Class A manufacturers.  They are designed that way primarily because of the high winds where the factory is located.  Their interior lay-out also seems to be more in line with more expensive rigs and put together with thought, comfort and safety in mind.  I think they were the first manufacturer to come out with a full-length slide-out, way back when.

BT

I think they were the first manufacturer to come out with a full-length slide-out, way back when.

Yes they were. Also the side aisle floor plan, a console tv on the side rather than the traditional front overhead, sectional sofa in the living area (mid door entry), and other features seldom seen in RVs.

Back
Top Bottom