RV routing advice thru Kansas City?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

after the awful experience on the crater filled I-24 route thru Nashville I have learned to solicit advice re: routing thru or around major cities. we will be passing by Kansas City in a few days from SW to NE. RV routing software has us staying on the interstate right thru downtown. seems like a bad idea. pulling a 31' 5th wheel.

what is a recommended routing?

thx to anyone taking the time to offer advice.

I'd guess it depends on the time of day, and day. I'll also agree, I-24 is terrible, just drove it recently, yikes.

If you're coming up from SW on I-35, Take I-435 north around the West side towards the Airport. Take exit 24 to Highway 152 Eastbound toward Liberty. There you can pick up I-35 again.

Little, if any, time difference going this way, vs. Going straight through on 35, which is doable with your rig, but it is not really a pleasant drive, at all.

Westbound, we usually run I-470 south from I-70, down and around to I-435 westward to highway 10, which runs west to The south side of Lawrence, where you can take US 40 back to I-70

Traffic can be a bit heavy along 435, but we have never, yet, encountered serious stoppage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom