slide out sagging in the middle inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wisdoll

we have a 2002 Keystone Springdale 29' bumper pull with a 12' (approx) slide out that is sagging in the middle inside. It is about a 1" sag. It has 2 boards across the top that meet in the middle with a 1 1/2" gap. Is it ok to "prop it up" with a post for a temporary fix? We will be removing the trim and replacing it with a full board in the future. Or does anyone have any better ways to fix this?

Picture please.

Tiffin had sagging top slide and the bottom would stay flat, so they simply added a support from their kitchen counter top vertically to the middle of the slide ceiling. Of course your configuration may be different

by the time I got out to the camper to get pics, my husband already took the trim boards off, so its not as obvious right now. I was wondering if there is a way to put a "half wall" with a post in the middle to separate the table from where the couch is going?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 17
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17
by the time I got out to the camper to get pics, my husband already took the trim boards off, so its not as obvious right now. I was wondering if there is a way to put a "half wall" with a post in the middle to separate the table from where the couch is going?
That would work fine, just measure the floor to ceiling distance at either end wall and maintain that.

Push the ceiling up slightly higher than level and affix a 1/4" steel plate full length from end to end to the warped 2X4. Or reconfigure. Yes, it will add weight.

I am assuming that it is the bare board at the top of the slide that has developed a sag? To me the suggestion from Domo (#5) sounds like it might work but I'd use an angle iron rather than a steel plate. Push the sagged area back up to where is should be. You can get angle iron or aluminum from Lowe's or Home Depot but they may not be long enough. The longest that I see at Lowes is 8' which should be long enough if you center it. Get one strong enough to hold the wood in place and then use custom trim to hide it.

I am assuming that it is the bare board at the top of the slide that has developed a sag? To me the suggestion from Domo (#5) sounds like it might work but I'd use an angle iron rather than a steel plate. Push the sagged area back up to where is should be. You can get angle iron or aluminum from Lowe's or Home Depot but they may not be long enough. The longest that I see at Lowes is 8' which should be long enough if you center it. Get one strong enough to hold the wood in place and then use custom trim to hide it.
I would jack it up a little high so that after the angle iron is bolted down real good, it will settle down to being straight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom