"Smart Wheel" issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gyrophoenix

HR Scepter coach
The windshield wiper has 4 buttons on the right side of the Smart Wheel. When I push the button to activate the windshield washer function, the wipers come on for 5 seconds and perform a few cycles while spritzing the washer fluid. So far so good. But... when I push the button to simply turn the wipers on, nothing happens. Since the wipers come on and cycle for the spritzing function, I know the motor is good, (just had it replaced), and that it's receiving power. I also had the Master Controller unit replaced, and it's obviously relaying the correct signal from the Smart Wheel button, through the Master Controller unit, and then to the wiper motor. Any thoughts on why the signal from the Smart Wheel to simply turn the wipers on for constant use, isn't happening?

Thanks for the input.

Not familiar with your equipment, but it sounds like either the wiper button is not making contact or there's an open circuit preventing the controller from seeing the button contact.

You say you just had the motor replaced.did it work right then? Was it some sort of dealer that replaced it? If it was, take it back.

I also had the Master Controller unit replaced, and it's obviously relaying the correct signal from the Smart Wheel button,
If that just happened and things have been wrong ever since, I suggest that something about the install of the new one is wrong. It could be as simple as the signal from the push button not getting to the controller or even a bad push button. You may be able to access the wires to that push button and then check it with an ohm meter to see if it is working.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom