Surprise meeting on UK The Voice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
What a great moment in the blind auditions of the UK version of The Voice. Sir Tom Jones 'turns' for Peter Donegan, son of the legendary Lonnie Donegan, and they played/sang a duet of a hit song written for Sir Tom by Lonnie (jump forward to 2:50):

Last edited:
Wow. After watching that I followed the link to the Top 10 Tom Jones Sing-Alongs. What a tremendous talent and his power hasn't dimmed at all over the years.

Wow. After watching that I followed the link to the Top 10 Tom Jones Sing-Alongs. What a tremendous talent and his power hasn't dimmed at all over the years.
Aye Lou, he's still going strong, although IIRC that clip was from 2019. Says he wants to keep singing until he's 100.

Wow! I listened to a current performance from Sir Tom just a few weeks ago and he still sounds great. And Lonny Donegan brings back old memories. Didn't know he had a performer son.

Wow! I listened to a current performance from Sir Tom just a few weeks ago and he still sounds great.
Our grandDIL (early 30's) recently attended one of his standing-only live concerts at Cardiff (Wales) castle. Great that he appeals to younger folks.
And Lonny Donegan brings back old memories.
Aye, he was the king of skiffle. But he recorded numerous songs in other genres that I didn't know about.
Didn't know he had a performer son.
Nor me. Putting the dates/ages together, Peter must have been a "late" arrival (not sure I said that right).

I saw a video of him singing the Beatles ‘Come Together’ and was blown away. He owned that song with his vocals. Totally sounds like that was written for him.
Highly worth finding it in YouTube with some good headphones.
Had to look it up, and agree with your comments.

My mother absolutely loved Tom Jones. She just about fainted each time we watched his tv show way back in the day.
Reminds me of a day 20 years ago ... the doorbell rang, I opened the door and a UPS driver handed me a small parcel, then said "my mother loves your songs". I closed the door and it took a second or two for it to register, before I burst out laughing.

Back in the day, I used to receive email and online requests for signed photos. He was born and grew up 20 miles away from me but, as I tell folks, he made more money :(

I recall watching his first appearance on a UK TV talent show (circa 1962/3). The only way to vote was to mail a postcard, and the contestant receiving the most votes came back the following week to compete with a new slate of contestants. He came back next week, and the rest is history.

Only saw him live once - in 1981 at the Circle Star Theater in San Carlos, CA. A great performance. FWIW his brother played drums in the backing group.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom