Tabernacle choir singers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A neat, albeit brief, reel of Tabernacle choir members in song aboard a flight:

We go to Salt Lake City about once a year and go to their rehearsals while we're in town. .

Magnificent!
During all our/my trips to SLC, we've never been there for either their rehearsal or their Sunday performance. Only watched video. They must sound awesome live!

I've been to a rehearsal in SLC. Like the choir rehearsals I was in back in the day, it's mostly rehashing of bits and pieces the conductor thinks needs perfecting, but occasionally they put it all together and then the Tabernacle Choir blows you away. It's magnificent! I've seen a video of them doing their Christmas special, but that's not quite the same as live.

Back in the 1960's I traveled on tour with my college (RPI) Glee Club and we got challenged to do ad hoc performances a few times. Those were fun! I still remember making a lunch stop at another college campus simply because it was a convenient way to get a cheap meal for 32 hungry young men. We were wearing our distinctive red blazers (for billing purposes) and the crowd spontaneously invited us to "sing for our supper". We did a couple traditional glee club songs from wherever we were sitting and managed to stun the listeners for several moments before they broke into applause. One of the most rewarding moments of my amateur vocal career. ;)

During all our/my trips to SLC, we've never been there for either their rehearsal or their Sunday performance. Only watched video. They must sound awesome live!
I've been to a rehearsal. The Choir is only half of the experience - the other is the amazing acoustics in the Tabernacle where you can literally hear a pin dropped on the podium from anywhere in the Hall (which the conductor demonstrates). And during the rehearsal applause is welcome and appreciated by the Choir members.

Reactions: Tom
I've been to a rehearsal. The Choir is only half of the experience - the other is the amazing acoustics in the Tabernacle where you can literally hear a pin dropped on the podium from anywhere in the Hall (which the conductor demonstrates). And during the rehearsal applause is welcome and appreciated by the Choir members.
Aye, we've attended other concerts there, just not the MTC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom