The ultimate in digital photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Doug and others,

Here's one for you to check:  http://www.rwhphotography.com/index.htm

I have attended several photo seminars and taken a basic photoshop course. By far, Rick Holt is the best instructor I have ever encountered. I took his Basic PhotoShop course. I will be takiing his imtermediate photoshop course, starting next week.

This fall, I'll be taking the digital Nature Seminar with him. See:  http://www.hoothollow.com/Digital%20CNPC.html

I really like the instructor to student ratio of 1:3. Their equipment and location is first class.

Chet

Looks like Mr. Holt offers a nice variety of courses. While on his site I clicked on the link to Art Wolfe's page, and really enjoyed the intro display; especially the lions and tigers and horses and zebras "running" across the top of the screen... Pretty neat idea.

Thanks, Chet.

Hi Chet,

Your link to the Art Holt site prompts a couple of comments.First, I see that in conjunction with the McDonald DIGITAL Institute he is planning a workshop in Arizona in 2006.  No dates as yet announced, but perhaps that is one around which the framily could develop a rally (see the other thread on Johnson).  Mind you, there is a certain sticker shock associated with this Holt workshop.

Second, I went over to the Art Wolfe site, at which point I hadn't recognised the name.  However, when I saw the reference to "Edge of the Earth Corner of the Sky," it all fell into place.

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
Hi Chet,

Your link to the Art Holt site prompts a couple of comments.First, I see that in conjunction with the McDonald DIGITAL Institute he is planning a workshop in Arizona in 2006.  No dates as yet announced, but perhaps that is one around which the framily could develop a rally (see the other thread on Johnson).  Mind you, there is a certain sticker shock associated with this Holt workshop.

Second, I went over to the Art Wolfe site, at which point I hadn't recognised the name.  However, when I saw the reference to "Edge of the Earth Corner of the Sky," it all fell into place.

Ciao,

Doug

I think the price is quite reasonable, especially since it includes meals, lodging, printing supplies and the 1:3 ratio of instructor to student. They really sit with you and make sure that you understand what's happening. I feel they are one of the best digital photography schools going.

Chet

I think the price is quite reasonable, especially since it includes meals, lodging, printing supplies and the 1:3 ratio of instructor to student.

My comment was not to suggest that the price was unreasonable, but to suggest that for some a fee of about $2K (IIRC), more than Johnson's Death Valley field trip with the Magic Bus, would be outside of their discretionary spending envelope.  It certainly is outside of mine, not because there is insufficient value for money, but because in my schema I don't pay more than four to five hundred for a workshop of any kind. 

And having said that, I'm not meaning to superimpose my values regarding discretionary spending on any one--they're just mine.

Ciao,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom