This made me laugh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the banjo players out there...
My brother got the bug to learn Banjo so I bought him one, a tuner and a couple of easy learn books for Christmas.

I think he tuned it once and played it never - LOL...

I think the Banjo is like juggling. We admire people who can do it but couldn't be bothered ourselves - LOL...

There are banjos and banjos and ...

I have two banjos - a 4-string plectrum banjo and a banjo ukulele. The plectrum banjo has a long neck and is tuned CGBD. The banjo ukukele (aka banjouke, banjolele) is the size of a concert uke and is tuned GCEA (aka re-entrant tuning, like most ukes, except baritone uke).

I had no desire to play bluegrass tunes, nor to use finger picks to play clawhammer style, and didn't need the 5th string (aka drone). I mainly strum the plectrum.

We have a subset of players in our uke band who play the banjouke on appropriate tunes, and perform 'banjouke ensemble breakouts' by standing to play some instrumental passages in a tune (a takeoff from the big band era).

I grew up watching/listening to George Formby, a self-taught Lancashire-born banjouke player:

There are banjos and banjos and ...

I have two banjos - a 4-string plectrum banjo and a banjo ukulele. The plectrum banjo has a long neck and is tuned CGBD. The banjo ukukele (aka banjouke, banjolele) is the size of a concert uke and is tuned GCEA (aka re-entrant tuning, like most ukes, except baritone uke).

I had no desire to play bluegrass tunes, nor to use finger picks to play clawhammer style, and didn't need the 5th string (aka drone). I mainly strum the plectrum.

We have a subset of players in our uke band who play the banjouke on appropriate tunes, and perform 'banjouke ensemble breakouts' by standing to play some instrumental passages in a tune (a takeoff from the big band era).

I grew up watching/listening to George Formby, a self-taught Lancashire-born banjouke player:
And on the other side, that's why i dislike the banjo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom