tire blowout damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

06F150

We had some extended damage due to a tire blow out yesterday and I'm looking for some info on the wiring adjacent to that area (under the countertop and behind drawers and oven/stovetop) so i can get the repair finished. The wires in question are circled in the pic. The white wire from the freshwater tank (ground) was found disconnected when i opened to access door. I don't know where it was attached to ground? Also, the red wire coming out of the resistor pack was disconnected. The wire loom the covers the two wires (brown and blueish grey) coming through the floor were also pulled apart. Lastly, the red and black wires from the water pump were pulled out of the wire nuts that connected them to power and ground. Any help i can get would be appreciated.
thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
Use your ohm meter to verify where each wire you connect to goes. A ground wire should measure near 0 ohms to any point on the chassis. The volt meter can tell you what has power to it. The freshwater pump should have power all of the time when turned on since the pressure switch that controls it is part of the pump.

yes, one of the first things that I learned about RV's after I bought mine was that you cannot trust color coding on RV 'house' wiring.
Test and verify voltage and current expectations.

Long, long story short..... I needed to rewire from the back of the tank/battery monitor to the pump, ground and sensors. A guy on a forum unique to the brand had a lot of good info and was super helpful.

Back
Top Bottom