Tire monitor system fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lhlee14

We are looking to purchase a tire monitor system for our fifth wheel. Recommendation s please.
thanks

I've been using the TST 507s for the last 10 years or so, and just updated to a nicer monitor. The new stuff is compatible with the 10 year old units, but they've made improvements in both the monitor and in the tire mounted sensors. I'm happy with it.

I have a few standard features I like. One is replaceable batteries in the tire senders. Second is a display on the receiver that stays on all the time and doesn't need to be "wakened up" to see the status. Last is a receiver that doesn't go to sleep or shut off when the vehicle is idle, so I don't have to wait for the senders to cycle to do a pressure check when heading out first thing. I currently have two brands of monitors that each does some but not all of these, so as soon as one of them craps out I'm buying a whole new system.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I've been using the TST 507s for the last 10 years or so, and just updated to a nicer monitor. The new stuff is compatible with the 10 year old units, but they've made improvements in both the monitor and in the tire mounted sensors. I'm happy with it.
What type camper do you have? Did you put it on all truck tires as well as camper? Thanks

What type camper do you have? Did you put it on all truck tires as well as camper? Thanks
Camper? Truck tires? Guess I forgot to say that it's on my 38' DP motorhome, AND on my 2115 Jeep Wrangler. Although the Jeep has its own built-in TPMS, it doesn't tell me in the MH cab, so I use some of the sensors for that. The TST system will work on most any tire with a schrader valve (normal car tire valve), and can handle at least a semi tractor and two trailers (maybe more, now). The package deal I originally bought included the monitor and 6 tire sensors, but you can buy these all separately if you wish.

And Mark, the TST 507 sensors are always on, update their readings internally every 12 seconds and, with no alarm condition will transmit the current state every 5 minutes, but alarm condition is xmitted immediately. The new sensors use 2032 batteries, while my old ones used a 1632.

The new color monitor I bought works essentially the same as the old one (smaller, monochrome, poor mounting, and is on whenever it is plugged in to DC power, or so long as you have the switch on when it's on its batteries. The monitor also comes with a nice suction cup mount for use on windows and a soft rubber (probably plastic, really) cradle mount for the top of the dash. Both work well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom