Tongue jack- Shasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

galeo68

We have a 2022 Shasta 25RB- the electric tongue jack stopped working (so we crank manually)- I don't see a fuse easily- there is a plastic cover where the switch and light are- but not sure how easily that comes off- Does that come off and would there be any fuse under the cover?
Looking for suggestions

Is there a brand name on the jack anywhere? Some common brands of RV tongue jacks are Lippert, Vevor, & Stromberg but there are several others. There should be a operating manual for it, and they are usually available online if you don't have one.

Typically the fuse for an electric jack is located inline on the wiring to it rather than inside the jack itself, but each brand or model of jack can be different.

Is there a brand name on the jack anywhere? Some common brands of RV tongue jacks are Lippert, Vevor, & Stromberg but there are several others. There should be a operating manual for it, and they are usually available online if you don't have one.

Typically the fuse for an electric jack is located inline on the wiring to it rather than inside the jack itself, but each brand or model of jack can be different.
thanks- I believe it's FIC. I will keep looking

Look right at the battery for a 30 amp fuse in a weatherproof inline plastic holder.

This video shows it going to a junction box of some sort, but many are straight off the battery positive post, found just outside the battery box.

Charles

will it not work is if the battery is dead? I had thought once you plug into truck or shore power- it would not matter if battery was dead

Check on the frame near the battery. Most have one for the main power to the trailer. Some have a second one for accessories like the jack.
These may be auto reset or have a button on them to reset it. Trace the wire and see where it leads.
1713877377949.png

will it not work is if the battery is dead? I had thought once you plug into truck or shore power- it would not matter if battery was dead
It might or might not. Typically the wiring from truck or the trailers charger isn't able to deliver enough power to operate if the battery is totally dead. But if the battery is just marginally low, the truck or shore connection is probably enough to make up the difference.

It may or may not. Be careful, on my 2020 F150, the 12vdc power line does not activate until truck is started and a couple other things. Might even need to be in gear, but definitely not just a hot plug.

Back
Top Bottom