Travel Supreme Still Going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the lead TS factory service technicians is talking about setting up shop in Elkhart for service and parts. Looks like a lot of TS owners are jumping on the bandwagon to make sure it happens.

I am a newbie to this Forum using it as a means to communicate with others who might be in a similar situation as I am. 

I purchased a new Travel Supreme coach in 2006.  I was, and still am, very pleased with it.  A few months ago I created my list of items to be dealt with at the end of my 2 yr warranty period and communicated with TS in January setting up a schedule for this repair work to be done in June. 

I recently discovered, thru this website, that Jayco has acquired their assets and are re-starting operations at the Wakarusa plant.  Attempts to reach anyone at the TS phone # has been futile as they are no longer answering.  I contacted Jayco and was able to get the phone number of one of the TS personnel that Jayco has retained to lead the new operation.  So far I have been unsuccessful in reaching him at that number, but I intend to pursue determining whether anyone will be there for continued support of existing customers. 

Does anyone believe there is a chance of that happening?  Are there any suggestions for what I might do in addition to what I am presently doing on this subject.  It sounds like a few of you on the board have seen how the RV community handles these business situations.

Thanks for any assistance you may give.  I also realize that I may have to suck it in and chalk it up to experience.

Art

I wouldn't count on very much "factory" support from here on out. A couple of TS's lead technicians have opened their own shop in Elkhart, just north of Wakarusa. They posted this info on the TS owners' site:

"We at Supreme RV Service apreciate the kind words from everyone, and look forward to helping each of you in the
future. We can be reached in a number of ways. Phone (574) 206-1302 Fax    (574) 206-1323 Web
www.supremervservice.com (Still under construction, please bear with us) email [email protected]"

If you are going to be in the neighborhood, I'd bite the bullet and make an appointment with them. By the way, what type of issues are you having? There may be other alternatives.

It is my understanding that Jayco bought the assets (the plant) but not the liabilities (warranty, etc). They are not continuing the Travel Supreme brand - they are just using the plant & tooling to launch their own line of Class A motorhomes.

I think you are on your own for all service - it will be all "customer pay" from here on.

Since my last post on 4/19 I have been able to find and contact one of the officers of the former T/S, who has been rehired to assist in running the new Jayco Class A facility, extensively building a clolse variant of the higher end of the T/S product.  They will be using the prior T/S fabrication facility in Wakarusa, IN and rehiring T/S employees as manufacturing volume dictates. 

Essentially he stated the same thing as was assumed by most of you on this board that warranty support is past history and owners are on their own to work thru subcontractors for equipment purchased from OEM suppliers, TV sets, Furniture, refrigerators, and drive chassis. 

Fortunately T/S has been built on the Spartan chassis for many years.  They provide a 5 year warranty and, in my dealings with them to date, do a good job of taking care of thoise of us on their Class A chassis.

Many prior T/S retailers who serviced and supported T/S owners in the past can still purchase repair parts from Jayco and will assist, at their discretion, during the transition. 

Good Luck to those of us left holding the bag.

The best of luck to the folks in the new Jayco arrangement.

As for existing owners, I've been on both sides of chapter 11, and it's not pretty. Chapter 11 is designed to protect a company from creditors and to provide some breathing room for reorganization. If you have a warranty issue, get in line with all the other creditors (you are a creditor).

I was unfortunate enough to experience an employer going into and emerging from chapter 11. As employee shareholders, we all got a 1 for 7 on the stock coming out the other end. Unfortunately, this followed the big stock market crash of 1989 that saw our stock go from $16 to $0.50. Bottom line - we came away with our $16 stock worth $0.07. After 20 years of hard work, that was ..... disappointing  ???  I was young enough to start over, but a number of my subordinates were approaching retirement.

Meanwhile, the suppliers were .... ah, screwed.

ArtTS21 said:
Fortunately T/S has been built on the Spartan chassis for many years.  They provide a 5 year warranty and, in my dealings with them to date, do a good job of taking care of thoise of us on their Class A chassis.

Good Luck to those of us left holding the bag.

Yours may be 5 yrs but my 06 Spartan Mountain Master GT warranty is 3 yrs - 50,000 miles

Back
Top Bottom