Traveling with the parrot....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanbrat

We have a little parrot that loves traveling in the car. She only goes for short trips now, mostly to son's house for bird sitting while hubby and I are out for more than 3 days. It is about 4 hours away and she loves it. She screams at trucks as they pass us and we get lots of double takes as people pass us on I-5. We used to go for long weekends and she loved it when we visited folks (they always asked if we were bringing her and growled if we said no) She chats with everyone everywhere. In Oregon the gas station guys always had the whole crew of guys come over and talk to her as we got gas. And if someone got to close to the car at rest areas she screamed and dogs barked, the 3 of them where enough to stop anyone from getting in the car.....

I know I am crazy but now I want to know if I am the only one who likes to take bird out for a drive...

My pet (dog) likes to go for rides. Why shouldn't a parrot. He occasionally gets some attention from passer byes. But, I'm sure not like your parrot.

I don't have a bird just cats but that sounds like great entertainment.

We have a little parrot that loves traveling in the car. She only goes for short trips now, mostly to son's house for bird sitting while hubby and I are out for more than 3 days. It is about 4 hours away and she loves it. She screams at trucks as they pass us and we get lots of double takes as people pass us on I-5. We used to go for long weekends and she loved it when we visited folks (they always asked if we were bringing her and growled if we said no) She chats with everyone everywhere. In Oregon the gas station guys always had the whole crew of guys come over and talk to her as we got gas. And if someone got to close to the car at rest areas she screamed and dogs barked, the 3 of them where enough to stop anyone from getting in the car.....

I know I am crazy but now I want to know if I am the only one who likes to take bird out for a drive monthly cost to keep great black parrot information...
Hello everyone, I am thinking about traveling with my male pet cockatiel parrot (age 2 years) on an airplane a flight lasting 35-50 minutes. I am planning to get him with me on the cabin (already talked with the airline and got information from them regarding prices and such). Do you have any tips? What should I expect? How would he react? The flight is a domestic flight and I do not need any information regarding permits and such formalities. Thanks a lot!

Well, I have never tried to fly with my bird but, I imagine she would be noisy. Just because that is what she is when faced with something new and exciting or stressful. We have a small car cage for when she sometimes goes where there won't be as much room for her big everyday cage. If you plan for her to travel in something other than her every day, secure feeling, cage you may want to get her used to it before you take her on an adventure in it. I have some of my birds' favorite treats to give her when out and about and small refillable water. If he likes his cage covered at night bring him cover so you can maybe add that to help him calm when the visual is too much for him.

A neighbor has a couple of large parrots that he takes in their smallish RV. When home, the birds live in their cages on the rear deck. When fishermen come by in their boats, they wonder where the 'parrot talk' is coming from.

Back
Top Bottom