Truck Camper Tie Downs for Short Box Trucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer66

Hi everyone. I'm totally new to truck camper ownership. It would appear we will not be able to pick up our new baby until we get the whole tie down issue resolved. We wanted to go with the Torklift Talon system and their fastgun turnbuckles too. ONLY to find out they don't make the front Talon tiedown for short box truck with the running boards. Well...how can anyone get up into a truck with 20'' tires without running boards? I was hoping to get some input from some other short box truck owners to see what they used and how they set up their truck and camper?? I don't want to go the route of a belly bar front and back, as that will add TOO MUCH weight. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks RVers :)

Bev

You might try a TC owners website for your question if no responses.

I used the truck bed stake pocket hold downs with turn buckles on the tree TC I've owned.

We have a 22 silverado half ton short box which carries our 23 soaring eagle adlar 6.5xl. This camper is so light it comes with a ratchet system to tie into the tie downs already in your bed!

Attachments

• IMG_4882.jpeg
    IMG_4882.jpeg
    493 KB · Views: 4
  • 341CDEE2-2D6B-4381-BCE0-1BC7D1017A55.jpeg
    341CDEE2-2D6B-4381-BCE0-1BC7D1017A55.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently looking for another truck camper, I have regular bed extended cb, and finding setups for regular cab and crew cab, but excluding extended? I also have the long running board that extends to wheel well, so that seems to have knocked out my favored TorkLift setup. How long a bed is your short box?

What truck do you have? I went to TorkLift website and found the skus that will fit mine. 2007 Silverado New Body style, extended cab, 6'6" bed with running boards.

For now I will be using stake pocket tiedowns to at least get it home.

Back
Top Bottom