turnbuckle repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Confused about what turnbuckle, what rig maybe a pic would help?

I am lucky to have a couple of well stocked hardware stores near me. I took a return spring from my car dolly ratchet tie down to the store and matched one up.

A few months ago did the same thing with my dirt bike kick stand return spring.

If you have a matching spring on another side maybe that's the plan here as well.

I see you have a Lance camper so I think that is a truck camper. When you say turnbuckle do you mean the ones that hold down the camper into your truck bed? If you do, I would think any rv dealership would have a source for them.
If you Google truck camper turnbuckle, You’ll find them on Amazon

If a nearby hardware store doesn't have something close enough, and you're not in a hurry, I've used Lee Spring before to get a very specific one. It was a substitute for a factory trailer suspension piece that was on backorder from my dealer.

Prices are reasonable and USPS Priority mail only took a couple days. You do need to have all the dimensions of the old one. You'll see if you go to the website and start searching. Just about any kind/size you can imagine.

Confused about what turnbuckle, what rig maybe a pic would help?

I am lucky to have a couple of well stocked hardware stores near me. I took a return spring from my car dolly ratchet tie down to the store and matched one up.

A few months ago did the same thing with my dirt bike kick stand return spring.

If you have a matching spring on another side maybe that's the plan here as well.
At one point I had an old Ironhead Sportster that was on a rigid frame. Nothing stock worked on that bike. I ended up using a spring from an old bunk bed frame for a kickstand spring. After I disassembled the frame to use the angle iron on another project, I had a whole coffee can full of replacements.

well I think I will just buy a new set for my truck camper. if the front turnbuckles are spring loaded and the back ones are not what's wrong with just the old way with chain for back tie downs

My observation when I had slide in campers. When I switched to the spring loaded style they did not loosen up like the a chain and turn buckle tend too. I think the camper does move around slightly and the spring style can compensate for this movement.

My observation when I had slide in campers. When I switched to the spring loaded style they did not loosen up like the a chain and turn buckle tend too. I think the camper does move around slightly and the spring style can compensate for this movement.
but the back turnbuckles are not spring loaded so do you think chain would loosen up maybe using locknuts if so I will go ahead and buy all 4

but the back turnbuckles are not spring loaded so do you think chain would loosen up maybe using locknuts if so I will go ahead and buy all 4
I think it is the side to side movement so I would get all four. Mine were from Happy Jack and come in a set of four.

Why but all four when you only need one.Like I said in post #3, you can find them on Amazon and buy just one if that’s all you need

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom